can't connect to mssql

zhatka

Guppy
Yash said:
Just an update, we are still working on this. This seems to be a very complicated problem and we are trying to fix it without having to bring down any servers.

Not sure if this is related, but if you go to http://www.chillywhack.com you will notice a VERY serious error.

What is going on with MSSQL4?

are you connecting via the host name... mssql4.jodohost.com?
Please use Enterprise Manager and double check if you are able to login properly. If not, tell me what error you are getting and we'd look into it

Re: New user: can't create MS SQL login

Yash said:
are you connecting via the host name... mssql4.jodohost.com?
Please use Enterprise Manager and double check if you are able to login properly. If not, tell me what error you are getting and we'd look into it

Thing is, everything worked with the site this morning around 9 or 10am PST and has been up since the Datacenter move/issues.

What has changed today?

DNS Issue?

Yash,

I went into my SQL Connection script and changed the dbase server from mssql4.jodohost.com to the IP (69.61.29.24) and the site now works.

I switched it back to mssql4.jodohost.com and I get the error again.

Any ideas?

We stumbled onto a major DNS issue that is causing this problem. An announcement has been made. Please check Critical Alerts

Yash said:
We stumbled onto a major DNS issue that is causing this problem. An announcement has been made. Please check Critical Alerts

hello

is this problem solved, I can only connecto to mysql by ip (66.36.228.155)

regards

nuno

This is a very very OLD thread which was solved a long time ago

You can use mysql.jodoshared.com to connect

Yash said:
This is a very very OLD thread which was solved a long time ago

You can use mysql.jodoshared.com to connect

hello,

I do understand that, but I tried to put oscommerce connecting to mysql.stamina-solutions.com and I get the can't connect to mssql, but if I use the ip instead no errors occured!

can you give me a hint on that ?

regards

nuno

What are you trying to connect to? MySQL or MS SQL?
From your post you seem to be mixing up the two, but they're distinctly different things.

I don't see a reason for the inconsistency between using an IP and the hostname you mentioned, as it resolves correctly to the IP mentioned earlier in the thread.

SubSpace said:
What are you trying to connect to? MySQL or MS SQL?
From your post you seem to be mixing up the two, but they're distinctly different things.

I don't see a reason for the inconsistency between using an IP and the hostname you mentioned, as it resolves correctly to the IP mentioned earlier in the thread.

oops, my mistake, I'm sorry!!

but I cant connect to mysql using a hostname

Back