Can't see my database...ever?

WE have given some work around using EMS Management Studio 2005 Lite, we can in certain cases do other work around but they are more complex.

Hello Del,

The way sql 2005 works you either see all or none as a user unless the user is the literal database owner (not use having such permissions)

This was a huge gaffe in their structure at time of development as it limits control panels ability to control the databases size etc from a panel. In addition once the user has been added by hsphere it has tables, views etc and the user can't be forcibliy changed to being the database owner without removing the user readding etc, taking well over 5 minutes to complete, and it is not error free, then it would not be seen in the control panel.

We have a work around but it is not one I wish to use regularly as it presents a complex list of databases that just give errors if you click on them making a chore for non experienced users for sure.

If we are an experienced technical user, how can we get access to this workaround?

I don't mind having to wade through a big list of databases if I can use Management Studio....

David

Back