CF1/2/3 down - moved machines to new nodes

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We are checking a problem on the node for CF1/2/3 and cluster1 WINCF2, it is not responding.

Re: CF1/2/3 down - Node problem

Windows looks to be booting up on a hard reboot, but on the loading screen, hopefully it gets past here.

Looks to be hanging on a black screen as it should be booting up into Windows for starting the OS of the virtual machines.

ok this may be fixable, due to a bug in windows with iSCSI storage, I am going to try MS fix on this.

We have finally gotten the change done as directed by MS, and working on rebooting now.

It got further in the boot it seems, but possibly still hung, I am giving it 5 more minutes, before I got to other options.

It is time to move to backups and work on restoring, after changing out all HD in the arrays I am going to install windows and bring the servers up one a time as possible.

We are probably looking at 6-10 hours for complete restoration of all servers, some will be online long before that however.

We are finalizing node side and working now on getting some servers back online.

Re: CF1/2/3 down cluster1 WINCF2 - Node problem

Was hoping to have two up by now, but a couple hitches in the plans here so far, still working on it.

We were working with the config to start mounting the servers up, and it just started going into super slow mode, and I am really a bit frustrated with it, I have Pratik in now helping with this, and we are making every effort to have it up ASAP, but it is taking longer than ever planned.

We are starting over a bit here now, it seems that the Western Digital drives and the Xeon board, just are not getting along. What happened is basically, we started to sync up the RAID array, and it went to so slow it was unusable, the 2nd time it had done that. We are short on hard drives now due to the worldwide shortage, but working to use spare stock to bring it back up on some samsung drives we have available.

CL1-WINCF2 is almost up, proceeding in doing windows updates on it since it is needing a couple.

One of these updates is a .net update and taking a while. We are making solid progress on the CF1/2/3 machines as well.

CF3 is rebooting and will be up as soon as done rebooting

CF3 is up, CF1 will be up after reboot now as well.

Down to 1 now, CF2 is copying some data now, CF1 and CF3 are ONLINE.

CF2 is coming up in the next minutes on final reboot, and then all is live.

Back