CF1 rebuild - complete

Re: CF1 rebuild

We have set a maintenance notice to reply while files are restored to the new server.

We are rebuilding the IIS and CF entries now, sites will stop giving the maintenance message as they get this done, the file restore is lagging behind a bit from this but can't be done until this process is completed anyway, some sites I expect will be live in less than 2.5 hours, while others will take a bit longer as files restore.

The rebuild of the IIS metabase is moving along well, files will be able to be copied in rather quickly as soon as it is completed.
At the point it completes we will move (as of 4:35am) all users having a 1-0 and A-bl and TU-Z and set the permissions within 15 minutes, we will them copy over files for the others as soon as possible and set their permissions.

Hsphere if it keeps the current pace will be 30-45 min till it is done in the rebuild file restores will be further along than posted last time, will give exactly what is done when it is done, but it will be more than in the post above.

IIS rebuild has slowed a bit as it has hit a number of domains with cgi-bin and perl enabled that takes a bit longer to setup, file copy is moving along very well and won't be trailing long behind the IIS recreate much at this point we are ready to swoop into action and get sites up as soon as hsphere is done with building the metabase.

We are still waiting on the Hsphere IIS rebuild to complete, it is getting there now seems to just be 'slow and steady' At this point it looks like all accounts starting with a number and A-D and S-Z will be the first to be live as soon as Hsphere is done and the permissions are set.

Sites are coming up as files are coming back in place now, Hsphere is done about 15 minutes ago and username starting with A should be mostly up, some B's and some U-Z right now, soon all those + others listed before will be up and running.

You may want to double check your DSNs we did restore them but sometimes the passwords don't work properly after the restore.

All 0-B staring letter are up, only a handful of T's remain and all below T are up and going. Still working on c+ and S along with others.

All T-Z now restored, 0-9 and A,B restored, C is well on its way as well.

At this point all 0-D and parts of E's are done and all S-Z done. The middle parts are still going now.

some accounts are taking longer due to content sizes and we are working around them and moving files of I's and M's now

Users starting with J are being restored, along with all M's done at this point, there are still a few I's straggling behind due to large amounts of files and content it is taking longer to copy and add permissions.

All but about 4 accounts are restored now and those are still ongoing, they will be done within the next few minutes most likely. I will provide a further update shortly.

Back