changing osCommerce folder

snooper

Perch
hi

i just enabled Oscommerce on one of my clients sites, i didnt realise that it would install the admin section into a root folder called "admin".
funnily enough (or not) i have my own 'admin' folder with stuff in it, so now when going into the admin folder, it goes by default to the cart admin, and not to my own site admin. i wouldnt like to fix all my own my own code, so is there a way to move the cart admin section somewhere else?
i must add that i'm and ASP man, so i dont know much about PHP.

added: i just noticed that osCommerce has actually placed a directory pwd on tha 'admin' folder, meaning that i cant even give people a direct link to go to my own site login (an ASP page), without going thru the directory pwd first.

thanks
Sn

snooper said:
hi

i just enabled Oscommerce on one of my clients sites, i didnt realise that it would install the admin section into a root folder called "admin".
funnily enough (or not) i have my own 'admin' folder with stuff in it, so now when going into the admin folder, it goes by default to the cart admin, and not to my own site admin. i wouldnt like to fix all my own my own code, so is there a way to move the cart admin section somewhere else?
i must add that i'm and ASP man, so i dont know much about PHP.

added: i just noticed that osCommerce has actually placed a directory pwd on tha 'admin' folder, meaning that i cant even give people a direct link to go to my own site login (an ASP page), without going thru the directory pwd first.

thanks
Sn

I've run into a similar problem before... I renamed my 'admin' folder to 'administration'.

Back