ColdFusion and SQL server?

So is anyone else here using ColdFusion to access mssql1? The connection between the two has been down since about 9:30 last night, totally taking out my client's db-driven site. Is it possible his is the only site experiencing difficulties? The error (below) suggests it's a access/permissions problem between CF and the DB... but no one else has mentioned it here?

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. access denied (java.net.SocketPermission mssql1.jodoshared.com resolve)

I was checking with Support to see if they have any ticket on this subject. Could you please open one.

Ticket number 7379 was opened last night at 9:45pm under my client's username, dlaible. I've been going back and forth with support most of the morning. At this moment it appears it has been fixed.

I'd be very interested in what the actual solution was, as I have a very annoyed client wanting to know why his site was unavailable for 12 hours... :(

I think this has just been solved
Cold Fusion seems to have some sort of cache. Its still resolving mssql1.jodoshared.com to the wrong IP even though the server is resolving to correct

We had to replace the host name with the IP

Is there any idea when I might expect resolution of this problem? I've responded to the trouble ticket with all the information I've been asked for, and it did appear the problem was fixed earlier this evening, but it only lasted for about a half hour, then the error was back. I've yet to hear anything back on my trouble ticket. You guys are killing me here! :p

(P.S. I was thetreefrog, but don't have my password saved here on this computer, and the function to request to get an email explaining how to reset it doesn't seem to actually send anything)

Any chance of saying what the problem was and how to fix it? I've had the same problem on my web server, and this forum came up when I searched for solutions...

From looking at the posts, I'd guess...
Find your mssql dsn in the coldfusion admin, replace the hostname with an IP, and then just restart the cf service.
Try that.

Back