Coldfusion + Email

jag5311

Perch
I am using CFMAIL on my website and it seems that either

a. The emails send very slow, I often don't get them for 10 minutes

b. They don't send at all. Is there a configuration issue that needs to be fixed or anything of that nature.

Thanks
Bryan

I also want to mention that I use NO servername or user/pass

Here is my code

Code:
 <CFMAIL to="[email protected]" cc="#emailaddress.emailaddress#; #form.email#"  from="#FORM.email#" subject="Custom Basket request" type="html">

Thanks
Bryan

jag5311 said:
I also want to mention that I use NO servername or user/pass

Here is my code

Code:
 <CFMAIL to="[email protected]" cc="#emailaddress.emailaddress#; #form.email#"  from="#FORM.email#" subject="Custom Basket request" type="html">

You might see what happens when you change your code to be FROM an existing email account on the site, eg have the from be [email protected] and make sure you create that account, even if it is set up as a forwarder to something else.

What might be happening is a case of spam traps catching what it thinks is sender address spoofing. See what happens.

jag5311 said:
hmmm, well the FROM is suppose to be what the person types in as their email address.
Try changing that logic for the moment to see if that is what is causing your error though. One of the features that was just added was a new Spam filter and I'm guessing that one of the rules was:

IF sender's domain != sending mail server domain ... it's spam.

Not saying that you're spamming, I've done the exact same thing in many of my past email forms, however there are now new filters in place that frown on these kinds of tools.

Try it and see what happens and then determine where you need to go from there.

I just posted on this in another topic. But I am seeing the same issue. The Emails are getting delays 20-60 minutes. Was this issue ever resolved? The site in question is hosted on wincf2.

You might need to specify a mail server, username, and password.

ColdFusion (by default) spools email messages - this is most likely the reason for the delay in messages being sent.

That is the issue, the spool delays messages for far too long. I rewrote the code to utilize cfobject to create a cdo.message. Now messages get to the mail server in under 15 seconds, which is perfect for sending time-sensitive pages.

Back