ColdFusion module?

Late last night (EST) I submitted a ticket (JH #JKU-46244-467) because the database connection between my web site and mssql1.jodoshared.com was down. I was getting the following error on every page that called the database:

Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused: connect

This morning I wake up and my site is gone completely. And the response to my ticket says "Please make sure you have enabled the "ColdFusion Module" in your plan to run the .Cfm pages."

Where is this module, and more importantly, why should I have to re-enable anything in my plan because of a problem with the database? I've searched the knowledgebase, I've searched the forum, and there's no mention of "ColdFusion module". My site's been down the entire night now!

The Plan you signed up is not a coldfusion plan and hence you do not have CF enabled on it. However we can enable that manually on it from the server.

As for the database connectivity we have not seen any issue on the mssql1 server. But if you update the ticket we can look into that as well.

The plan I signed up for -- IN 2005 -- was most definitely a ColdFusion plan and the account has had the same ColdFusion-based web site running on it for over six years. That you guys have somehow lost track of what type of plan it should be is not my problem.

As for the database, yes, it's working now. There was an issue last night, as Gaurav Agrawal, who I chatted with at the time, can attest. He/She assured me at the time that the problem had "already been forwarded to the senior concern". Pritam Singh replied to me at 12:25am EST to tell me to "make sure you have enabled the ColdFusion Module" which I took to mean that whatever the database connectivity issue was, it had been resolved. As seems to be your policy, I never actually get an explanation of what was wrong, or what was done to fix it.

Whatever was done to resolve the problem last night resulted in ColdFusion being disabled on my account. Regardless of whether I have the ability to do it in the CP or not, I don't see why I should be responsible for re-enabling something your support group disabled.

I don't think we changed anything technically, recently :) In 2005 CF was on every windows server, sometime I believe in 2007 they split off to CF specific plans and servers, this underlying issue may have been there for a very long time, and until something specific here happened, it did not crop up as a problem.

It may have been possible that in reported issue, a tech tried to disable and enable coldfusion, as this is a common fix for many CF pages not opening issues, and sometimes for PHP as well, and once it was disabled the option to turn it back on disappeared due to the very very old plan being a legacy import into new. This sounds like the most likely possible chain of events.

Back