Coldfusion MX 7

reinrev

Guppy
hi there, can you give us an idea when coldfusion mx 7 will be available. We need it badly

thanks,

There is a whole thread about this, the short answer is no, but we are still trying.

I've been forced to find other hosting that supports CF7 and MySQL 5. Hate to bail on JH but at this point I don't have a lot of choice.

I'm about to have to do the same...all of my clients (for good reason) want CF7...I've been a very happy jodohost customer for quite some time now, but I am soon to be without any other option than to move all of my sites!

PLEASE give us CF7!!!!!

We are not trying to chase you away, but we can't offer what we can't support with the control panel.
And trying to force it to work is buggy and causes more problems than good.

Is it something about the current CP (H-Sphere) that JodoHost is tied to? Seems as though the current CP and CFMX7 will not play together. Thus is it a possibility to change to a different CP that is known to work with CFMX7. There has to be some out there as CFMX7 is supported by many other hosting companies.

It is impossible to just switch CP for so many clients and servers, just like it is impossible to upgrade to the latest betas without major major problems.
We have to think of of all clients when we make such moves, and right now it is best to stay at 2.4.3 until the stability of the 2.5.1 branch is proven and the upgrade process is smoothed out more. We are among the largest users of hsphere in the world, and we have to be cautious and not just jump on the newest releases. We simply can't put customers through the many bugs.

So does Jodohost have any plans to attempt to upgrade CF at any time? It seems your problems lie with hsphere -does hsphere have any input? Or is this dead in the water?

Hsphere does not enable CF DSN creation to be disabled and in CFMX7 it corrupts the neo-query file anytime someone enables a CF DSN, since CF DSN is not a global option that we can disable. Resellers can enable it , end user create it and take sites down for all, this is not acceptable. Therefore we can not use it now.

Rossv1 said:
So does Jodohost have any plans to attempt to upgrade CF at any time? It seems your problems lie with hsphere -does hsphere have any input? Or is this dead in the water?
It is dead in the water. The problem is that H-sphere doesn't support CF7 and JH is not going to upgrade H-sphere anytime soon because H-sphere is not ready yet. It is not stable and they don't want to bring down the whole house.

JH has said that H-sphere is not going to be upgraded anytime soon (http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=8292). Therefore you won't have CF7 anytime soon either.

The reality here is that you have two choices: (1) do nothing and live with what you have or (2) find another host.

Stephen said:
"[...] We are among the largest users of hsphere in the world [...]"
-- you'd think that would give you some leverage with hSphere, then? I mean, they've apparently stonewalled one of their biggest customers for almost a year now on the MX7 issue -- doesn't seem like they're particularly concerned about your state of affairs?

Just venting, appreciate that it's (still) out of your control, but whoever isn't calling the shots over at hsphere should at least be aware that their big client jodohost is losing business b/c of hsphere's inability to deliver for them.

I just decided *not* to upgrade up my jodohost account (since it can't give me what my clients need), and instead set up shop somewhere else for my new clients.

It would be very good if Psoft would pick up the pace, Adobe will releasing the next version of Coldfusion the summer of 07. At that point they will be two releases behind.:(

manopb,

I gave up waiting and took the plunge with a winVPS account where I can run my own MX7. Stephen has been a big help in getting it to work -- quite clearly, the issue here is *not* jodohost but psoft.

manopb,

I gave up waiting and took the plunge with a winVPS account where I can run my own MX7. Stephen has been a big help in getting it to work -- quite clearly, the issue here is *not* jodohost but psoft.

So did you have to purchase a license for MX7?

Yes, you have to buy your own license for the server and install from scratch, even though PLESK does makes it sound like it's got some sort of MX7 built-in it's really just the ability to add CF to the templates -- pretty puny support of CF if you ask me; you can't tweak CF settings via PLESK, it just recognizes that it's been installed.

Oi Vher!

d2 pala hosting nyo hehe. Oo nga eh. They are still using old version of Coldfusion which is still 6. Scorpio MX8 is coming soon. They should upgrade this.

Back