Combo Box with 4 Language Database

etalent

Guppy
Please help with combo box functionality!

I've got a database of English, Spanish, and Portuguese verbs, which is comprised of four tables. I've created a query that includes all of the fields of each table.

Here is my problem:

(1) Enter a new infinitive (enter a new record in fields tblInfinitives.fldInfId, tblInfinitives.fldInfEng, tblInfinitives.fldInfEsp, and tblInfinitives.fldInfPor).

(2) Then populate field "tblInfinitives.fldConId" by selecting from a combo box, with control source "tblConjugations.fldConId".

(3) On form "frmVerbs" the text boxes with record sources "tblInfinitives.fldInfId, tblInfinitives.fldInfEng, tblInfinitives.fldInfEsp, and tblInfinitives.fldInfPor" display right, and the combo box drops down the choices, but then nothing happens when I select from the combo box. I just get an error. How do I "turn on" the combo box?

The database is attached.

The fields and relationships of the four tables are as follows...

tblInfinitives
fldInfId
fldConId
fldInfEng
fldInfEsp
fldInfPor

Field "tblInfinitives.fldConId" has many records related to one of each record in "tblConjugations.fldConId"

tblConjugations
fldConId
fldConEsp
fldEspTenseId
fldConPor
fldPorTenseId

"tblConjugations.fldEspTenseId" has a one to one relationship with "tblEspTenses.fldEspTenseId"

tblEspTenses
fldEspTenseId
fldEspPresentParticiple
fldEspPastParticiple
fldEspImperative

"tblConjugations.fldPorTenseId" has a one to one relationship with "tblEspTenses.fldPorTenseId"

tblPorTenses
fldPorTenseId
fldPorPresentParticiple
fldPorPastParticiple
fldPorImperative

Attachments

• Quadling6Zip.ZIP
    70.6 KB · Views: 145
Back