Community Server for ASP.NET 2.0...

lopkiju

Perch
Hi.

I've been trying to set up Community Server and I can't seem to run it.

On localhost I setup with no sweat.

When I uploaded 6MB zip and uncompressed it, I start to execute sqls.

After sqls tried to run it, but I get an error.
I don't know what error to be precise, because I am not allowed to view the error remote, so I need to set <customErrors mode="Off" /> in web.config, which I did, but when I refresh the page, I get the same page like I didn't add customErrors tag in the first place.

I've been working on this since last night until now and nothing.

I've even tried to run CS from localhost with connection string set to database on my server (actually your's :)), and I get different error.

I've posted this problem on CS forum, but there isn't any helpful information.

How can I see what kind of error is it, since I can't fix the error I don't know what's the error about?

Any ideas, please?

I manually executed sqls and I haven't request dbo.
I am newbie in MSSql, but I think that error is happening before database connection since I can't run Installer (I get the same error).

On localhost I have successfuly installed CS, but after sqls execution I get small error because ASPNET acc don't have permition to read web.config file and some other folder wich I think that this is the error here.
I don't know how to do the same here if needed.

What ever I do, I get the same error over and over again as you can see ? http://willnesslabs.softwarevalley.net/Installer/

I have deleted the database and tried to start over and same error appears.

Am I missing something?

Can you tell me what I have to do to see the error since <customErrors mode="Off" /> doesen't seems to work?

have you sent a ticket to enable asp.net 2.0? ASP.NET 1.1 is the default and will error out with an asp.net 2 web.config instantly.

Id for this ticket (Enable ASP.NET2.0) is: 406414

I've send a ticket for deleting some users from database a long ago.
This ticket id id: 145964.

Thanks.

You sent that ticket to your reseller desk(we can't see it), please email to resellersupport<@>jodohost.com

The ticket ID will look like EDF-5244424-AFG or similar

Hi.

I am sorry, but my friend, who owns the reseller account, can't find ticket ID in Support center > User tickets that are formated like EDF-5244424-AFG or similar, just 406414 and 145964 as posted before.

Does he needs to confirm my requests?

Can you tell me where to look?

I am sorry, but I am new to this ticket stuff...

Yes the person that owns the account needs to come to us directly for support, if you can have him forward us your support requests we can process them promptly :)

ASP.NET 2.0 up and running...

Thank you Stephen and thank you my friend ;).

Is it ASP.NET 2.0 immediately activated or I have to wait, because I get the same error as before?

Thanks.

If you have submitted the ticket it will be activated immediately (5 -10 ) min. But in that kindly mention your Domain name

I noticed that softwarevalley.net don't work.

I tried to connect to server via localhost and works so I have to ask you, does aspnet1.1 application work when aspnet2.0 is enabled on the same domain/sub domain?

I need aspnet2.0 for willnesslabs.softwarevalley.net and aspnet1.1 for softwarevalley.net if thats possible.
Application on softwarevalley.net is aspnet1.1 app made by my colleague and me.

Me again :).

My colleague uploaded for me CS1.1 and I have test it on my third subdomain and it works like a charm...

So I think that this is a problem (softwarevalley.net is on aspnet2.0 and willnesslabs.softwarevalley.net is on aspnet1.1).
Correct me if I am wrong.

I am truly sorry for this misunderstanding, but can you, please, restore aspnet1.1 on softwarevalley.net and enable aspnet2.0 on willnesslabs.softwarevalley.net?

I can send a ticket again, but I think that this wont be necessary.

Thanks and sorry again for misunderstanding...

Critical Error: SiteUrls.Config
The file containing the SiteUrl Data could not be loaded.
Please contact your CommunityServer administrator. A technical explanation of why this error is caused is below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Server expects to find a valid XML file containing all of the links for a community. By default, this file is located at the root of the with the name SiteUrls.config.

A common error is to included unescaped XML characters, such as "&" when defining a querystring.

If available, the location of the error will be listed below:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.cs_SiteSettings_Get'.

Getting this.

@ Stephen

I have setup Community Server for aspnet2.0 on willnesslabs.softwarevalley.net, but now root domain (softwarevalley.net) doesen't work.
Probably because aspnet2.0 is enabled to softwarevalley.net domain too.

Can you see what is wrong with it?

When I connect to a database on server from localhost, everything is ok.

Sorry for this torture...

All those errors were because of running CS for aspnet2.0 on framework1.1.

Few minutes ago (aspnet2.0 is up and running) I just run the Installer and voila.

Now just to fix the error for softwarevalley.net and thats it.

Back