Confused about getting reseller site up and going.

mike333

Guppy
Hi, Im new to reselling.

I am trying to get everything up and running to allow me to re-sell space. I have a few questions.

Are some of the resellers using template(s) pages with all the plans and features laid out for us to use or are should we be creating all of that ourselves. All set up with the reseller information on them where we can just use the pages, change a logo to our logo add the sign-up links set our own prices and just get rolling in the hosting biz ?

Or is everyone creating there own sites from scratch. ( In clicking on some of the " hosting " links from some of the posters in this forum, there is a pretty common theme with some of the sites and im wondering if there are templates or if people are just basicly copying this stuff ? And using it on their own sites............ Either way doesn't matter, Im just looking to get up and running asap. So any direction or comments would be great.

Also,
Im still unclear on the process. I signed up for a reseller account with one username. ( USER 1 ) followed directions on the step by step page and created an admin account ( USER 2 ) changed my name servers for the domain I want to host with over to my ( USER 2) What account do I create the plans I want to see from ....... ? Hrumph !

Sorry about the basic questions, and thanks for the help.

Mike

Most things you do by logging in on your admintrative account (USER 2), unless you need to submit a support ticket to JodoHost for example, in which case you do the USER 1 login and submit it from that page.

Cool thanks sub, Ok so I changed the nameservers for the domain that I want to host sites with (www.myhostingsite.com) aka (USER2) and set up the name servers for that ns1.myhostingsite.com and ns2.myhostingsite.com and I can create plans for myself to host other sites I have created on, so everything is going ok.

Now to create a site that anyone can sign up for me to host them.

Is the process.

1. Create plans (from the USER2 cp) and name the plans that I want to re-sell

2. Figure out which payment options I want to allow and configure the gateway in the control panel

3. Create some pages for www.myhostingsite.com with the plans listed on it

4. Add the sign-up links to the pages on www.myhostingsite.com (which I assume are the same as the sign-up links you find in the control panel would be the ones I'm supposed to use.)
5. Have anyone that signs up a domain point there nameservers to ns1. and ns2.myhostingsite.com

4. Hopefully start watching the money roll in.

Also, Can I change the sign-up pages where the links would point, to get rid of the brown and tan ?

Am I close with this ? Sorry if this is all written down somewhere and thanks for the help.

Mike

Back