Considering Jodo

lmod

Guppy
Hi, I am considering Jodo as my new host. I like my present host but I am forced to leave because of their limited Microsoft based features. I have narrowed my search down to two hosts, Jodo and ASP*** so I want to ask you a couple of questions that will help me decide which to choose.
  1. ASP*** offers SQL2K5 64bit Server, do you plan to install this version in the near future?
  2. Is it possible to remote connect with Enterprise Manager, VS.Net? (Including viewing db schema, tables etc)
  3. ASP*** offers 2GB of disk space for each email account and 1GB for each database created, this is in addition to the disk space allocated for files pages etc. How do you handle disk allocation for DB and Email?
  4. Do you offer or support the following, Microsoft SOAP Toolkit 3.0, XML 4 SP2, WinHTTP 5.1, ASP.NET Mobile Controls, IE Web Controls, Sub Web Applications, MDAC 2.8?
  5. ASP*** offers Unlimited dedicated IP's for a $3 onetime setup. How do you compare?
  6. Does your server utilize any Raid Disk Arrays? (0,1,5 etc)
  7. Are all of your servers duel Xeon config? Also which Xeon CPU do you use?
  8. Which version of Win 2K3 server are you using? (Standard, Web etc.)
  9. What is the memory type and size installed on your servers?
  10. How many accounts do you allow p/server?
  11. Do you offer and support DonNetNuke?
  12. ASP*** supports CommunityServer which has Blogs, Forums and other usefull portals, How do you compare?
  13. In the near future I will want to offer hosted business applications to my customers, is there any way to add such custom features in the Control Panel plan configurator?
  14. Do you offer merchant accounts/payment gateway etc?

I think thats about it for now. I thank you in advance for you time.

1. ASP*** offers SQL2K5 64bit Server, do you plan to install this version in the near future?

No we do not offer this now, I have tested it and fallen in love with it, but we can't offer it until Hsphere supports controlling it.

2. Is it possible to remote connect with Enterprise Manager, VS.Net? (Including viewing db schema, tables etc)

Yes.

3. ASP*** offers 2GB of disk space for each email account and 1GB for each database created, this is in addition to the disk space allocated for files pages etc. How do you handle disk allocation for DB and Email?

Our disk space is what is called summary disk usage, this counts usage for all together.

4. Do you offer or support the following, Microsoft SOAP Toolkit 3.0, XML 4 SP2, WinHTTP 5.1, ASP.NET Mobile Controls, IE Web Controls, Sub Web Applications, MDAC 2.8?

We have this, and also XML 6 installed, however some of this must be done manually, such as the application folders.

5. ASP*** offers Unlimited dedicated IP's for a $3 onetime setup. How do you compare?

We offer justified IPs, each account has a net number for free, and you can purchase more(I am not sales dept, so I honeslty don't know the price), as long as they are for SSL or a ARIN justified purpose.

6. Does your server utilize any Raid Disk Arrays? (0,1,5 etc)

All servers run RAID, web servers run RAID1, mail servers run RAID 5 or RAID1, depending on the config.

7. Are all of your servers duel Xeon config? Also which Xeon CPU do you use?

We have some P4 2.8 and 3.0 Ghz CPUs on some servers, but all servers new customers are on are Xeons, they are Nocona or Irwindale 64bit Xeons. The Noconas have 1MB cache, the Irwindales have 2GB cache.

8. Which version of Win 2K3 server are you using? (Standard, Web etc.)

Standard, as our servers run with 4GB RAM, which is more than the max of Web.
9. What is the memory type and size installed on your servers?

The older servers are 4GB DDR REG ECC 266, the newer ones are DDRII 4GB REG ECC 400mhz, brands of ram are micron or kingston.
10. How many accounts do you allow p/server?
This varies by config of the server and load of the server, sometimes a few accounts can cause more load that a large number, we go mostly by performance.

11. Do you offer and support DonNetNuke?

Yes, we have many users with DNN 3.x and 4.x
12. ASP*** supports CommunityServer which has Blogs, Forums and other usefull portals, How do you compare?

We have customers that have Communityserver installed an running well, but we do not offer any "instant setup" of community server.

13. In the near future I will want to offer hosted business applications to my customers, is there any way to add such custom features in the Control Panel plan configurator?

You can add the billing for it, but you can't add the setup process to the CP.

14. Do you offer merchant accounts/payment gateway etc?

Hsphere supports a broad range of them, but you will need to get the acount directly, as we do not have a partnership with any of these merchants to give a merchant account to you.

Thanks Stephen for the information. I have several more questions.
  1. Regarding priority, how are the tech support requests from your resellers customers handled? (i.e. do you handle your requests first and then your resellers customers)
  2. What is the average response time for handling support requests for your resellers customers?
  3. One other thing that may be a concern, ASP*** offers 200GB Bandwidth as standard, Can you explain to me the sell more charge less theory based on the way you measure bandwidth?

Again thanks.

Thanks Stephen for the information. I have several more questions.

1. Regarding priority, how are the tech support requests from your resellers customers handled? (i.e. do you handle your requests first and then your resellers customers)

Questions that we can answer are answered with the same priority as other customers, reseller customer billing related issues however we leave for the reseller to answer.
2. What is the average response time for handling support requests for your resellers customers?

Yash will need to generate the report for this, we strive to answer all within 60 minutes, but the current report says that we were slightly longer than that this last week(we had a server crash/restore process going, that made for a huge number of tickets, so this is not abnormal, and will go down as ticket levels subside to regualr levels)
3. One other thing that may be a concern, ASP*** offers 200GB Bandwidth as standard, Can you explain to me the sell more charge less theory based on the way you measure bandwidth?

I don't know about any theory, but we use only premium bandwidth from top carriers, with intelligent routing from Internap.

I don't know about any theory, but we use only premium bandwidth from top carriers, with intelligent routing from Internap.

Let me re-phrase that last question, because I screwed it up :D.
This question is pertaining to data transfer from http requests. on your reseller page there is this statement:
Disk Space & Bandwidth based on USAGE. Sell more for Less!
This is what I was referring to for you to explain. The concern is, in comparing two cost compatible packages (Jodo & ASP***), ASP*** offers 200GB Transfer and Jodo offers 80GB Transfer. I guess Im trying to settle my mind that I wont miss the additional 120GB If I were to choose Jodo. This is based on the only reseller package that ASP*** offers @ 29.95 p/mth compared to Jodos ValueHost @ 35 p/mth

Well there are many types of bandwidth, and we offer only the premium grade of it, I will let sales reply further, I am tech support :D

Premium Bandwidth costs significantly higher.

We do not comment on business model of our compititors. However compare Multiple Domain Hosting limited to few hundred domains verses unlimited in our case. By limiting number of domains, a Host can somewhat control Bandwidth usage.

In our case, under reseller account, each H-Sphere CP is capable of hosting unlimited domains. Many a times customer's website use insignificant disk and bandwidth. If you have several such customers and they do not need CP access, you can host them all in one CP and make good profit.

Most of all, quality of services that we provide costs. We handle few thousand LiveChats per month where we can attend any problem right away. We provide many services for free for which other hosts charge one such is restore of your data.

Thanks for the informative replys.
I was trying to call your sales number but the system seems to be having trouble. I need to ask several more questions.

1. How much are the additional IP's?
  2. What is required for IP setup? and how long is the process?
  3. What is the process for creating custom name servers?
  4. can I have custom name servers for each of my IP addresses?
  5. Can I have a custom name server for a domain that I own that is not hosted on your servers?
  6. If I just registered the domain name that I am going to use with your plan, how long before I can setup custom name servers?

Again thank you for your help.

1. Additional IP is $ 0.50 per IP per month.
2. For getting a dedicated IP, all you need is to activate it on the domain you want it for from within the End-user CP. It becomes available immediately.
3. Custom Name servers are created at domain registrar. IPs for the same you get when you setup your reseller account. For creating custom (private, child) name servers at registrar you can view demo - http://www.jodohost.com/resellerflash.asp
4. Yes - See reseller guide - http://jodohost.com/reseller/html/index.html.
5. This is domain related question. Yes, you can create child name server for each domain that you register through us. You need not have to host that with us.
6. Generally newly registred domain resolves in couple of hours.

Our VOIP phone is not working. We are checking that. However, you can contact us through LiveChat anytime 24 hrs.

Back