Countries via AWStats

Logan

Perch
I noticed that the stats generated through AWStats don't distinguish stats between countries. All hits are reported as "Unknown". Is this the best AWStats can do, or is there something missing in the installation?

Actually, Awstats is supposed to have Country support. Here is a screenshot from one of my clients at Webhost4life who use AWstats...

Attachments

• Clipboard01.gif
    Clipboard01.gif
    40.8 KB · Views: 492
That is a geoip lookup addon, we will need to ask psoft if their new setup supports this or not.

We have raised this with PSOFT and are waiting to hear from them. I do not see why they will not include this in their next release if they have forgotten to add it

We'll manually install it if necessary

Yash said:
We have raised this with PSOFT and are waiting to hear from them. I do not see why they will not include this in their next release if they have forgotten to add it

Yah right. Still nothing... still waiting...

Yash said:

I guess I should give up hope on this should I?

I posted this is another thread. We'll soon be offering a new commercial stats solution to our clients that makes up for the minor issues with AwStats

Yash said:

But this is what you said above. Are you now saying you are not going to do this now? Where is the announcement concerning this?

It seems that things get said around here all the time and never get followed up which is frustrating!

Seems like management of tasks are poorly mismanaged. Don't you make lists to follow up on these things which includes who you need to contact, or what thread to post back to?

There is always something said that will be done and then we sit here wondering what is going on. Then someone asks only to find out that there is/was additional information we were not told (like strategy change or that you are waiting for Psoft, or other information so that we know what is going on.)

If you change your mind, find an alternative solution or have information that you are waiting upon someone else for the answer then wouldn't it make sense to let us know so we don't have to harrass you Yash and feel like you are ignoring our requests?

This is one of those things within communication that some of us have been complaining about.

What I would suggest is you create a simple task management solution so that when you say you are going to do something, you can properly follow up on it, keep us informed (either by email or through the threads that the task came from) and then follow up with other people (if necessary) and then eventually mark it completed, closed or that it cannot be done.

We just want better communication that is all, rather than feel ignored.

Until this is supported by PSOFT, it cannot be supported on our servers.

I've said that before. I have tried to get this working, Stephen has tried and our team has tried. I am tired of hearing the word "mismanagement" or "poor communication" from you because none of that is true. We try our best to meet every feature requirement of our customers

To get country stats, you can use Webalizer. And as I said, we'll be buying a commercial stats solution soon and be offering it to our customers, that is on our roadmap

Yash, it is a few months since the below (Sept), and I too would like a resolution please.

Any word yet from PSOFT when the below will be done.

Yash said:
Until this is supported by PSOFT, it cannot be supported on our servers.

stuff removed

To get country stats, you can use Webalizer. And as I said, we'll be buying a commercial stats solution soon and be offering it to our customers, that is on our roadmap

According to AWStats documentation FAQ-Com200 : HOW REVERSE DNS LOOKUP WORKS, UNRESOLVED IP ADDRESSES
PROBLEM:
The reported page AWStats shows me has no hostnames, only IP addresses, countries reported are all "unknown".

It could be an issue related to the AWStats config file - but I am sure you have checked it out

Anyhow, AWStats in their site say
" Domains/countries of hosts visitors (pages, hits, KB, 269 domains/countries detected, GeoIp detection)," and
"Country detection from IP location (geoip) or domain name,"

one more question

Is it possible to change configs for each site?

This is what I need to fix
# FAQ-COM140 : HOW CAN I EXCLUDE MY IP ADDRESS (OR WHOLE SUBNET MASK) FROM STATS ?
PROBLEM:
I don't want to see my own IP address in the stats or I want to exclude counting visits from a whole subnet.
SOLUTION:
You must edit the config file to change the SkipHosts parameter.
For example, to exclude:
# your own IP address 123.123.123.123, use SkipHosts="123.123.123.123"
# the whole subnet 123.123.123.xxx, use SkipHosts="REGEX[^123\.123\.123\.]"
# all sub hosts xxx.myintranet.com, use SkipHosts="REGEX[\.myintranet\.com$]" (This one works only if DNS lookup is already done in your log file).

tks in advance
P

Hi Team,

I use another h-sphere provider in Australia that has configured Country info for us, I hope it will help.
This tips only works for unix. To add the country information to your awstats, add this line to your awstats.xxxxxx.conf where the xxx is your domain name:

LoadPlugin="geoip GEOIP_STANDARD /usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIP.dat"

Might take a couple of days for your stats to start accummulate the country info but once that's going for a month it'll show you a nicer stats.

Please don't hack the config file too much that it breaks your stats... Happy hacking!

Back