Customer Support

I JodoHost planning on doing something about Customer Service because every time I have to deal with them I feel like I'm communicating with somebody who is in first grade and just learning how to speak English.

They can never understand what I'm trying to explain. Every time I get a reply it's a whole experience on it's own trying to decipher what the hell they're saying. Every other ticket I submit, they tell me it should be fixed now, 2 - 3 times in a row before it actually gets fixed... Should I keep going?

I am unable to check my e-mail for days now, I submitte a ticket... It should be fixed... 1st - they're telling me I'm entereing the wrong password when I HAVEN'T CHANGED MY PASSWORD SINCE I SIGNED UP (I told them that). 2nd - this exact problem I had, happened to me when I first registered here and I explained what the problem was the first time.. nothing... "It should be working".... well it still ISN'T... I don't even know how to deal with them anymore...

Something really needs to be done in that department becase that is simply rediculous...

I'm not saying stuff doesn't get resolved... otherwise, JodoHost simply wouldn't exist but look at this for instance:

Hello,

We did the needful at our end. Please try for the same after few hours and let us know if problem persists.

Regards
Nidhi

What the hell is that? What did they do? What am I waiting for? I feel like a complete idiot when talking to these people... it's extremely agravating to say the least. I'm not a native English speaker myself but I beleive nobody around here has any problems understanding me.

Almost all responses I get are like this. Nobody tells you what is/was wrong; was it something I did or didn't do; nothing... "We did the needful at our end"... please give me gun so I can shoot myself.

This company's main customer base is English speaking customers, correct? Well then why don't have English speaking Customer Service?

LevelHosting said:
I'm not saying stuff doesn't get resolved... otherwise, JodoHost simply wouldn't exist but look at this for instance:

Hello,

We did the needful at our end. Please try for the same after few hours and let us know if problem persists.

Regards
Nidhi

What the hell is that? What did they do? What am I waiting for? I feel like a complete idiot when talking to these people... it's extremely agravating to say the least. I'm not a native English speaker myself but I beleive nobody around here has any problems understanding me.

Almost all responses I get are like this. Nobody tells you what is/was wrong; was it something I did or didn't do; nothing... "We did the needful at our end"... please give me gun so I can shoot myself.

This company's main customer base is English speaking customers, correct? Well then why don't have English speaking Customer Service?

There is absolutely nothing wrong that I see in Nidhi's english or in what she said. She obviously means that she has taken steps to rectify the solution and it may take a few hours for them to come into effect. Seems totally clear and logical to me.

I don't see how she acted as a "1 year old" and nor do I see any non understanding in that query. If you need more information, please ask for it

We are handling fair amount of tickets everyday. I regularly check Cerberus/LiveChat for our responses. From this post I do see few problems in staff responses.

Please email me where you are having difficulties. We are having staff meeting on Saturday/Sunday. We will discuss this and sort it out.

Ticket History
Ticket #ZHJ-71752-809: Email Not Working
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thu Oct 06 2005 01:27AM by Customer
Hi,

I am unable to check my e-mail after the server move. It keeps prompting me for my password, even though I'm 100% that I'm entering the correct one.

FYI: This same thing happened to me when I first signed up and it was something to do with my domain's DNS settings.

The account in question is:
---------------.net

Thank You!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thu Oct 06 2005 01:41AM by [email protected] (email)

HI,

I can open you mail box from Control Panel
Please check from CP
if you are using Outlook and getting authentication issue then most probably it is wrong password problem.
Please reset password and send us passwords for your mail acounts

Thanks
Yogesh
Thu Oct 06 2005 01:58AM by Customer

Ok, I can login from the CP by clicking the webmail
link but if I go to http://mail.----------.net and
try to login from there it tells me Invalid Lodin.
Like I said, the exact same thing happened when I
first signed up and I hadn't changed my password
since. I just changed my password today to see if that
was the problem but it sill won't let me in using
either Outlook or WebMail.

Thanks.
Thu Oct 06 2005 08:43AM by [email protected] (email)

Hello,

We are working on this and will get back to you very soon.

Regards
Nidhi

Thu Oct 06 2005 09:24AM by [email protected] (email)

Hello,

Regards
Nidhi

I see no issue with "english" or communication. And you have not responded to Nidhi's last response. If you need further clarification, please ask. I will ask the techs to give more information whenever possible

I went through 3 other of the latest tickets by you

Ticket #DKN-45158-563: MSSQL User Permissions - Answered within 10 minutes and issue resolved

Ticket #GHN-62346-631: ColdFusion DSN - Answered within 15 minutes and issue resolved

Ticket #ACN-42892-350: Web Mail Problems - Answered within 9 minutes and issue resolved

All these tickets were resolved in one response by our team, all very quickly. And I see no problem with the english

I have not found any tickets with any miscommunication or that took longer to resolve that it shouldn't have. I have also found no major mistakes in english or interpretation.

if there is any other ticket you'd like me to see, please mention so

Ticket History
Ticket #ACN-42892-350: Web Mail Problems
-------------------------------------------------------
Fri Aug 26 2005 06:04AM by Customer

Hi,

I'm unable to login to web mail when trying to type mail.mydomain.com. I keep getting Invalid Login errors.

The domain I'm having problems with is:
------------.net (mail.---------.net).

Thanks.
Fri Aug 26 2005 06:15AM by [email protected] (email)

Hi,

I have checked and found that you have deleted the CNAME records and hence the dns entry pointing to your mail server was deleted from dns server.

I have creaed that record and it will start working within few hours.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Thanks & Regards
maheep

Support seems very fast, knowledgeable and easy to understand, at least to me. I am not trying to discredit you, rather remind you of the support you have been receiving

I have never complained before but when I submit a ticket, I want to know what the problem is like any normal person.

That is a good response from Customer Service and that's what I like to see when such issues are reported.

Hi,

I have checked and found that you have deleted the CNAME records and hence the dns entry pointing to your mail server was deleted from dns server.

I have creaed that record and it will start working within few hours.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Thanks & Regards
maheep

It explains what I've done wrong (even though I've never touched my DNS settings so I doubt that I have deleted my CNAME record but whatever), it explains what has been done to fix it and problem solved.

With this last ticket that I'm complaining about - I don't know what the hell is wrong, why it's like that when it will get fixed (I waited more than 2 hours as instructed in the ticket and my e-mail is still not working)...

We do provide technical explanations whenever possible. However I'll bring this up in our next meeting

We automatically provide reason while replying to tickets when we see that it will help prevent a repeat. We however always provide reason when asked for.

Here I do not see our responses less than perfect. Please do send me your emails if you see it can improve our services.

I just want my damn e-mail to work and it still isn't. We can talk all day how great your customer service is but my e-mail is still not working and nobody has told me what the problem is yet, even though I believe I made a solid point that I wanted to know what's wrong.

Also, this is the second time this is happening so your argument about giving explanation to avoid a repeat situation isn't quite valid, is it?

If your customer service was so perfect, then why is my e-mail still not working and why I still have no clue as to what's wrong after so much communication was exchanged?

And lastly, you know damn well that most customer service replies have the most broken English ever and are therefore completely unprofessional. Again, I'm not a native English speaker but I've worked extremely hard to bring my English skills to a certain level before I started dealing with customers directly and so should your Customer Service staff.

Anyways, obviously there is no point in arguing further. I tried to point out a problem with your Customer Support department and all you do is jump in defense telling me I'm wrong instead of trying to improve on it.

So can somebody please take a look at my problem, tell me what is wrong and when do you expect it to be fixed.

Levelhosting, the fact is, it is not a problem(on this side anyway), it sounds like you for some reason have DNS corruption on your side.

Try first: start, run, type cmd, press enter, type ipconfig /flushdns

Then type nslookup mail.yourdomain.com and see that it replies with the proper IP address for the mail server, if it does not, see the DNs server it checked in the nslookup, and find out why it has the wrong data, as it should store only the data from the Server of Authority. The move involved no IP changes, no DNS changes, so there should have been 0 change needed, I can not tell you why your ISP might be caching wrong data.

Here's what I get:

>nslookup mail.levelhosting.net
Server: dns-vip-01.tampabay.rr.com
Address: 65.32.5.74

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to dns-vip-01.tampabay.rr.com timed-out

And if it is working fine, then why can't I login through webmail? It keeps telling me Invalid Login like it used to the first time I had this problem even though I am 1000% sure I am entering the correct password since I've re-set it 500 times today to make sure that's not the problem.

Our team had requested the password for the mail box you had set. If you can update your ticket with the password, we'll gladly check it.
Also we had no problem logging into webmail when you first reported the issue. So if you are having an issue, it could also be with cookies or simply that your session isn't sticking. I have seen this happening with webmail at times

It is your service domain, you need to use mail3.levelhosting.net and it will work perfectly, you can't have a mail.levelhosting.net since that is a real server. This only applies to service domains, not customer domains.

Back