Customer traffic limit

SubSpace

Bass
A customer of mine has a fairly small personal website, which I have given a 2 GB traffic limit. Today she received an e-mail that she was approaching the traffic limit.

I check her account status and it said 2.1 of 2.0 GB. I was kind of puzzled on how she managed to generate that much traffic, but I increased the limit to 4 GB.

Now all of a sudden it reads "82.1 MB of 4 GB". I changed it back to 2 GB and the used traffic still reads 82.1 MB.

So what's going on? Her billing period ends on the 29th so that's not the reason it reset. Was the original traffic amount indicated completely off?

I am guessing her origional amount was off. no personal website can accumulate that much traffic. lol. Not any I have ever seen at least. Unless there is some sort of attack from someone. Just my two cents. :D

Check her webalizer or other stats to see the traffic chart. This should help you determine what's up.

I was kind of puzzled how a weblog could produce 2 GB of traffic too, but you never know.
Unfortunately transfer log/webalizer were disabled so I couldn't check those.

Any idea how this might happen though? If she really was nowhere near her limit it's kind of annoying if the system starts to bug her with faulty warning messages..

Back