datacenter

yyilmaz

Guppy
how many servers do you have? are mail / web / database servers seperate machines? how many websites do you typically host on a single machine?

My questions pertain to reseller plans.

Thank you.

Hi

We run 18 servers and keep adding new ones frequently. We have separate boxes for each service (database, mail, web, etc.)

The number of websites we put on a server depends on its config. For a P4 web server, around 300 sites. For a Dual XEON SCSI server, around 1000 sites

Wondering if there is a specification list of servers, specifications and functions within your HSphere cluster?

Could you provide information about the data center and its network setup/architecture? Of particular interest is the internet connectivity and backup/redundency built into the data center.

I think I found it on the descriptions pages on the main website. Now I am clear on the server specs.

I would like to know if your servers have ever been under DDoS attacks and any reference to these situations; how everything was played out?

We were DDOSed last summer, twice and pretty bad.

The first outage took us a while to control, but within 2 hours.
Ths second outage was controlled within 40 minutes.

We havent had any DDOS attack since then but we are well prepared to handle any

Thank you for the reply. It is my understanding that under a DDoS attack, and depending on it's nature, there is little an administrator can really do other than blocking the originating IP at router/firewall level. Is this correct?

I was hoping you could enlighten me on the contingency JODO has in place to handle such attacks if they re-occur in future. You did mention being somewhat prepared for next attack.

'Control' in it's true sense is really blocking of IP at router level?

When a DDOS attack happens, we cannot access anything remotely. The NOC is informed and within 5 to 10 minutes, they start analyzing traffic and determining what to block.

If its major, we null-route the targeted IP to bring the network up while we solve the issue

Back