Dedicated IP Address

This might sound like a silly question. But what are the benifits of a dedicated IP address vs whatever the other ip option Jodo offers? Any insight would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks

Mike

jodohost do offer one dedicated IP..

when using a dedicated ip, you get an ip for your own instead of an ip together with others.. ? dedicated ip can be used for many things, like SSL, Anonymous FTP and just to have your own.. i dont know very much about this, but at least, its better with dedicated IP than shared IP

Thanks Dirt for the quick replay. Currently I'm hosted with another company and intend on moving my sites over to Jodo. I currently have a namesserver. Do you have to obtain a resellar account to have one on jodo? and if i dont purchase the resellar accounts what names server would i use?

thanks again for all your help

Hi

To get your own private name servers (with their own IPs) you need a reseller account

However, you can use our anonymous name servers (open a ticket for them).
You can also use your own name servers provided that ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com point to the IPs of ns1.jodoshared.com and ns2.jodoshared.com respectively..

SSL and anonymous FTP are it's most common uses, like DirtBag already mentioned. Most shared hosts that allow for adult sites also require them to have a dedicated IP (to prevent other customers' sites being blocked), but as far as I know Jodo doesn't allow adult sites at all.

Even the cheapest shared hosting package comes with 1 dedicated IP at the moment. I believe the nameservers are:

NS1.JODOSHARED.COM - 66.36.230.189
NS2.JODOSHARED.COM - 66.36.228.155

Hey all,,, thanks for the quick and very informative replies. I have signed up for an account just waiting for a response with account info to get working..

Mg

Back