Delay sending receiving emails./error connecting smtp in outlook

Hi,

I m facing this problem since last 2 days. I cant receive any email on outlook express. Also watever emails im sending takes days to be received by the receiver.when i click receive emails, it just tries connecting the server and tries and tries , then comes the dialog for wait and stop( if i want to wait for server to connect or not).

if i go to webmail, i can see a few old emails comming in very delayed.

wat problem is it?? cant anyone figure it out?

are mails sitting in your outlook outbox because it cant connect to do pop before SMTP? I am taking wild guess here as you have given few details.

Is this on our servers? I know of no mail issues on any of them for a long time now.

no site is not on your servers. its with some other company, but i m planning of shifting my stuff to yours.

mails are not sitting in outbox, they are sending properly, but are not received at other end..( sometimes it does but with lot of delay)
mails are not receiving at all.. it shows outlook as connected, but nothing downloadng( then comes dialog for wait and stop)

suggest..

Most likely cause of problems you have mentioned is mail server at your current provider.

Back