Difference between Reseller and Shared Windows hosting

Hi

Can you tell me what the difference is between the Reseller LiteHost ($17.50) and Shared Windows Hosting Gold ($18.95)?

I'm on Shared Windows Hosting Gold and I'm paying more for less:

LiteHost: Diskspace 17GB, BW 65GB, Domains Unlimited, MySQL5 Unlimited

Gold: Diskspace 2.6GB, BW 40GB, Domains 9, MySQL5 3

Several differences.

33% of disk space max used by one account on reseller, also note that LiteHost is 4.5Gb not 17GB, probably a typo there :)
There is a lot more setup, including nameserver settings.
Dealing with billing/no billing plans and ensuring they are off if not needed or google will index it and phishers/hackers/abusers will sign up and harm your name and ours.
Different level of support, you need to wok to solve issue first as reseller, shared a problem send to us :)

probably missing a few things but that is some of the bigger differences. Also at this point you are on cluster1, if you signed up now it would be on cluster2 and have a mess of time migrating everything.

I need another MySQL DB so I'll either need to pay another $2 for the extra DB (total $20.95 per month) or move up to Platinum: $24.95 per month.

If I switch to Reseller I'll save at least $3 and have more resources so I don't understand the pricing of your plans ?(

probably missing a few things but that is some of the bigger differences. Also at this point you are on cluster1, if you signed up now it would be on cluster2 and have a mess of time migrating everything.

I do have one IP more on Gold :) apart from that Reseller wins on all other features.

I guess I cannot just switch plans?

UPDATE
I just found this thread, it's 33% of all resources so I'll be sticking with Gold plan!

I guess I cannot just switch plans?

Right, Reseller and Shared Hosting are 2 different services, you cannot simple switch between 2 services.

However, if you want to be a reseller, then you need to singup again, and get active your reseller account.

If your shared account in the same cluster , you may open a ticket at support, we will move your shared account into your reseller account.

In this way your shared account will become part of your reseller account, and you can change it plans to without billing to stop billing from JodoHost.

Back