dissapointing first impressions!

psykik

Guppy
Hello all,

I want to get this off my chest so here it goes.
Let me first tell you a bit about my hosting experiences. I've been hosting clients and testing/using different hosting applications, control panels since 2001.
At first I started with Cpanel and WHM. With increased popularity of Windows and ASP.NET I also started offering windows hosting with the control panel HELM.
I've since then made a few sites for clients in ASP.NET

A while back I decided to consolidate my different accounts with different parties. Hshphere seemed like the logical choice since it offers clustered hosting.
Now keep in mind I've been a longtime Cpanel/WHM and HELM user.

I joined up with jodohost because they seemed to have the best reputation in the business. my presale questions, support questions have always been answered fast. Hats off for that!
The guide on the jodohost website was clear and my admin account was setup up quite easily.
so far so good but:

- I requested some support calls and now it seems my account (cerberus account) exposed a bug in the cerberus helpdesk (which I have tested years ago as well). My username had to be disabled.
--> not very pratical !

- the support and user friendliness of E-mail in hsphere simply sucks. None of my clients domain.com/mail, domain.com/webmail, mail.domain or whatever works. (no native support it seems)
I used http://hspheremail.info but couldn't log into one of my mail accounts.

I couldn't import any stored mails (webmail if you will) from Cpanel account which is IMHO silly. I had to tell my clients all stored mail in their webmail inbox will be "dropped"

the supported webmail interfaces are all plain ugly. That's no different in Cpanel although they recently introduced ROundCUBE
(I like DWMAIL, I use it on another server but I cannot log in when using it @ hspheremail.info....)

why isn't there anything slick/nice like roundcube webmail ?

- the hshphere control panel userinterface is plain ugly. (that's not jodo's fault and I knew that before signing up, but still I wanted to say this as well)

keep in mind that most of the elements I mentioned are not really jodohost's problem but either early frustrations of using Hshpere...

Anyway I just wanted to get this off my chest...
I hope I will change my mind otherwise I guess I'll just drop LINUX as a whole and just host everything on Windows based servers along with one the best and slick control panels in the market: PLESK

THis is more like a first impression of a user....

regards,
Michiel

Hello,

DWMail for cluster2 is being finalized, the other link is for cluster1.

There is a shared userid bug in cerberus.

While there is no automated way to move the cpanel mail, it is certainly doable, make a IMAP account on both in outlook drag and drop the mail between(or most any IMAP client will work as well)
It may sound to be an easy thing to automate this, but it is not even close to easy mail servers handle mail in vastly different ways.

Don't get me started on plesk :D

It has a decent GUI but that is about it, we have a lot of experience with it on VPS accounts, as Parallels offers it as a pretty decent price for us to give to clients.

is cluster2 new ? for things being finilized on a production cluster ?

any idea why none of my
mail.domain.com work ? (note pop3, imap works but no webmail through http interface)

or is that normal?

mail.domain.com should work fine for your client domains, for service domain it will not.

Cluster2 is a year old but we continually add new features and servers.

Back