Does Jodo view resellers as competiton?

Ron

Perch
Afterall, we are competing with your shared windows, linux and VPS packages..

My hosting business is starting to see some growth so I am just curious about this...

why would they? its them who are giving you the service to begin with?
they charge what they want, if there are any takers (and we know there many) - they are happy.

...my 2 cents... (or would that be pence?)

No we don't.

The Windows, Linux and VPS hosting markets are very big and there is plenty of room for more hosts and competition. The hosting industry has been experiencing huge growth in the last few years and I can only see it get better in the years to come.

We are always looking at ways we can improve what we offer to our resellers so they can become more competitive and provide better services. We recently increased VPS RAM quotas on all packages and reduced prices for additional resources (which I think demonstrates my point)

The way I personally look at it is that if weren't offering reseller packages today, our reseller base would be with one of our competitors. Reseller hosting is turning out to be a strong revenue source for us and there is no way we can treat resellers as competition.

And on top of that, we believe that every reseller would eventually be in the capacity to switch to their own servers and expand from there on their own. We believe that because lots of our resellers have been experiencing very promising growth. The packages we provide make it the easiest to experience growth, they were designed with resellers in mind. You get a whole array of premium services you can sell

We offer easy and phased methods for our resellers to switch to their own servers. When you reach that stage, you can start selling your own reseller packages..

off-topic:
Was wondering Yash, who was your first reseller?? I signed up for your reseller package pretty quick when you announced them in mid january :)

Do you plan to offer anything special to your old resellers?

I can't remember really. We had a good number of signups in the first 24 hours after announcing the packages.

But the first reseller account on the system is shamrox's. And he was the first reseller to post on this forum as well. Sorry Ron :)

Yash said:
The Windows, Linux and VPS hosting markets are very big and there is plenty of room for more hosts and competition. The hosting industry has been experiencing huge growth in the last few years and I can only see it get better in the years to come.

Can you recommend some good places to advertise our services? It isn't that I'm not doing fine, but I'd like to improve

Inka, from what I've read at the forum you have a spanish site are hence restricting yourself to the spanish population. I feel that would restrict your growth and you should have an english site as well.

If you do launch and english site, I'd recommend findmyhosting.com. They are absolutely free and take a fixed percentage of commision on every customer they get you. They get us some decent traffic and signups.

If you want to target a particular country, google.com advertising can be very effective.

the pay-per-click advertising at hostsearch.com and ispcheck.com are also effective.

But the most effective and cheapest medium of promoting yourself is posting your ads at alot of web hosting forums

Back