Domain can't find VPS IP

AndyLL

Perch
I put in a support email to VPS support but it's been over a day so I thought I'd ask here.

My 1st client on the VPS can't get their domain to resolve to the VPS.

It's bulkchristianbooks.com

Whois shows the Nameservers as:

NS1.WOBBOOKSITENSA.COM NS2.WOBBOOKSITENSA.COM

which is correct.

My domain: http://wobbooksellers.com/

on that server doesn't have any problems.

Godaddy says the domain is setup correctly.

Is there something in how I setup the customer/domain on the VPS that could cause this?

Andy

DNS zone file was missing for your domain. I re created it. Your domain is working fine now ( it's throwing some asp.net error). Please check it.

DNS zone file was missing for your domain. I re created it. Your domain is working fine now ( it's throwing some asp.net error). Please check it.

Who creates the DNS zone file normally?

Did you recreate the domain or just the DNS zone file?

Normally plesk creates it, not manually done. I am not 100% sure on it but pretty sure he just did the command to recreate DNS zone not delete the domain and re-add.

Normally plesk creates it, not manually done. I am not 100% sure on it but pretty sure he just did the command to recreate DNS zone not delete the domain and re-add.

I believe the DNS zones is what Plesk shows under the DNS link. Plesk was showing that they were there.

Stephen is right here. I just run some command to delete wrong DNS entry from plesk database then created DNS zone file manually. Re-adding domain is not a solution of issue. I am 100% sure, that will not resolve your issue.

So do we think it will happen with every domain I add?

If so I need to know what to do to fix it myself.

I did do a bunch of test domains and they seemed to work.

My wobbooksellers.com domain worked fine.

This is a very rare issue. Mostly it don't happen but yes some time it happen.

It looks like it did it again.

coachhousebooks.co.uk

The nameservers for his registration look correct but it doesn't resolve and his email is giving him this:

The following message to was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) 'DNS Soft Error looking up ns1.wobbooksitensa.com (A) while asking ns1.g********.com. Error was: unable to reach nameserver on any valid IP'​

ok... I'm confused.

From the server browser it comes up.

From my computer it won't resolve.

I did a flushdns on my computer with no change.

I recommend sending a ticket here, I am unable to understand what is going on exactly here without detail.

I put in a ticket.

The error my client got makes it sound like it is getting to my server but can't resolve from there.

Back