Domain Names

Bliss

Perch
?( I am planning to buy a domain name from Jodohost, but have a depressing question.When I buy a domain from jodohost, is it registered under me or jodohost? This is a common practice I have seen, and I want to know if the domain is truly mine.

Also, does jodohost support MS Acess ODBCs?

I'm also just wondering, you seem to do a lot of hosting for India, but on your pages, you say that your servers are in Atlanta, Georgia. Can you explain that?

No, you own the domain both legally and on WhoIS records. And yes, we support MS Access ODBCs.

Our servers are located in Atlanta because we are able to get great hosting facilities there which include multple tier-1 connections, daily server backups and much more. We are actually located in India because that brings down our operating costs allowing us to substantially reduce our pricing.

Thanks. Do you pay the hosting monthly or yearly? Or both? Do you allow global.asa? Also, do you install ads on our pages?

What time zone are your servers in?

You may pay monthly, half-yearly or yearly. Whichever suits you. Yearly contracts are normally suitable for customers paying by check while monthly contracts are normally chosen by customers paying by credit card.

We allow global.asa and no, we don't install any ads. The servers are in EST

Help! I brought a domain and a package, so that should be two payments. But, on the paypal account, it says I made three payments to Jodohost!

Ummm, I'm also kinda wondering why .us .biz and .info domains cost more. I mean, domains are domains.

P.S. I know you guys try your best, but can you please activate my domain soon, I'm itching to get started! Ziggle.org

.us, .biz, .info cost more because we have are charged a higher rate to register them.

You can activate your domain immediately from the CP once your account has been credited. We leave activation to the customer.

Check the domain name and press execute. From the next screen, choose debit your account as your payment option. Your domain would then be activated within 12 hours.

We carry out domain registrations through an ICANN accredited registar. Unfortunately, we have just run out of funds with them. Please give us 12 to 24 hours and we'd be able to process your order.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience

Once registered, it takes anywhere from 12 to 24 hours for it to actually start pointing to our servers. Your domain appears to be working now.

Thanks. Also, a lot of these questions I'm asking, you should put on your FAQ's, since many novice web developers may ask the same questions.

By the way, is there a way for me to make sure people don't remote load off my site, resulting in unchecked bandwidth usage? And if there is, can I have a subdomain like images.mydomain where remote loading is allowed?

No, there is no way to stop someone from remote loading. You however can find out from your account statistics and send a warning to the offender. The amount of bandwidth we provide is huge so you shouldn't run into that problem in the first place

Back