DSPAM rules that need to go

antic

Perch
This is an email a client sent to me:

"Oops.... the *e* is missing from venue.... would you mind weaving your magic on that also.... thanks heaps"

This is why DSPAM marked it as SPAM (0.99's only shown):
Code:
X-DSPAM-Factors: 15,
	Received*Sun+13, 0.99000,
	e+is, 0.99000,
	Date*Apr+2008, 0.99000,
	Date*Sun+13, 0.99000,
	<font+face="Arial"><font, 0.99000,
	Date*07+0800, 0.99000,
	your+magic, 0.99000,
	you+mind, 0.99000,
	Received*Apr+2008, 0.99000,

Why is "Received*Apr+2008" spam-related? Or "Date*Apr+2008" or "you mind" or "e+is" or indeed any of the above?

I think there is such a thing as too many rules, no? :)

Again, they are not rules, but "tokens".
and they carry scores in combination, which result in overall assesment.
They are just to give a slight hint on what caused it to be marked as spam and they can't be treated individually.
Only training is the way to get the right results.

And content of above email is commonly found in parts in spam mails.

Thanks Tanmaya. By "training", what do you mean? How does the training work, considering the above address is actually a Forward, not a normal Mailbox?

Also, not sure what you mean by "slight hint" - the numbers are applied and if above a certain amount it is considered spam and bounced. Sounds like a set of rules to me. Stephen disabled some rules that were troublesome a while ago, but only because they bothered lots of other people not just me. :)

By "training", what do you mean? How does the training work, considering the above address is actually a Forward, not a normal Mailbox?

Even in this case, the forwarded email will contain dspam headers.
You need to send these headers to us via a ticket and we will train dspam.

Also, not sure what you mean by "slight hint" - the numbers are applied and if above a certain amount it is considered spam and bounced.

What I mean is that they are not direct scores, but used in combination for final assessment.

Stephen disabled some rules that were troublesome a while ago, but only because they bothered lots of other people not just me.
Rules were disabled on spamassassin side. dspam is always trained.
I've quite a few times explained our anti-spam setup for cluster1 here on forums.
Please do a search and you will be able to understand it all better.

Back