DTS move from MSSQL to AS/400

B

bret4us

I have a dts job that moves data from mssql to our as400. When executing the dts package it runs fine and move the data with no errors. But when I make the package a job I get the following error:

Executed as user: PEPPERMILLCAS\rccds. ...t: Copy Data from Results to "PEPPER"."CMSCUSALL"."F1042SIMPT" Step DTSRun OnError: Copy Data from Results to "PEPPER"."CMSCUSALL"."F1042SIMPT" Step, Error = -2147467259 (80004005) Error string: Error at Destination for Row number 1. Errors encountered so far in this task: 1. Error source: DTS Data Pump Help file: Help context: 0 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: Query cannot be updated because it contains no searchable columns to use as a key. Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Help file: Help context: 0 DTSRun OnError: Copy Data from Results to "PEPPER"."CMSCUSALL"."F1042SIMPT" Step, Error = -2147213206 (8004206A) Error string: The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Data Pump Help f... Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

Has any body else had this problem and able to fix it?

Thanks

TO be honest I did not realize DTS packages were robust enough to even start moving a database to an as/400 :)

I have no access to an as/400 to even attempt this myself, but it looks like you had a lot of failures in that copy.

Back