Email and Discount Questions

Homer

Perch
I saw some old threads that said there are no discounts for paying 12 months in advance. Is that still the case?

Email - If I set the Spam Assassin to "mark as spam" in control panel will it modify the subject line as the HSphere documentation says? Some hosts don't like to "mangle" the subject line and your email software (client) has to rely on filtering based on spam headers inserted into the message. This is a nice/elegant solution but Outlook Express will not filter on header information - only the subject.

Thanks. I'm on a 7 day trial of a Linux plan and this thing is screaming fast!

Homer said:
I saw some old threads that said there are no discounts for paying 12 months in advance. Is that still the case?

There is an unstated 5% annual discount you can get if you ask for it. Talk to sales.

SubSpace said:
Last time I checked it was mangling the subject line ;)
SubSpace, thanks for the reply. I didn't mean to use the word mangle in a bad way. :) I had seem it used in reference to this subject before, somewhere. I'm glad that JodoHost decided that they wanted to change the subject line because I think that gives the best of both worlds. The headers are still there for those that want to use headers for filtering (Horde/IMP will do this but OE won't) and the subject line indicates it is spam so humans and less capable programs (OE) can handle it too.

PS. I really like your signature lines. Funny stuff.

Yash said:
There is an unstated 5% annual discount you can get if you ask for it. Talk to sales.
Thank you Yash. I am on a 7 day trial Linux account. I am going to configure my billing profile to continue with the account. I will pay with PayPal. Do I send a ticket via support or send an email to sales to request the undocumented 5% discount?

It's best you email sales.

I am not very much involved with day to day sales and hence I am not 100% sure of their policies. Maybe Ravi can clarify when he is on shift a little later

It would be better, if you write at billing @ jodohost.com for this, with your account user ID and account name. They will surely look into your matter and assist you further. :)

Homer said:

Email - If I set the Spam Assassin to "mark as spam" in control panel will it modify the subject line as the HSphere documentation says? Some hosts don't like to "mangle" the subject line and your email software (client) has to rely on filtering based on spam headers inserted into the message. This is a nice/elegant solution but Outlook Express will not filter on header information - only the subject.

Thanks. I'm on a 7 day trial of a Linux plan and this thing is screaming fast!

I went ahead and paid the full price for 12 months. 12 x $4.95 = $59.40 and 5% of that is only $2.97 so I figured it really wasn't worth bothering you guys with it. Thanks!

If JodoHost has committed you to give 5% discount on your yearly fee, than you can take it any time.

We always keep our Promises.. :)

Back