Email Problems

Nobody is answering my ticket or picking up live chat, so I'm posting here.

None of my emails to or from my domain at twinmold.com are going through. Emails I send are not being received and emails that are sent to me are not coming through either.

Ticket GVX-16808-367

Can someone please help?

We are aware, and have a status message on it on status forums, this is about mail4 I am 99% sure.

One of my clients, who usually gets a lot of emails all day long, hasn't had anything since last night. Could this be part of the same mail4 issue?

Check Sachin's post on how to know if mail4, and a fix if seeing an issue.

One major issue occurred with mail4 on migration that basically a spammer was able to inject a lot of mails in the new server queue via the old server redirection. It forced us to have to shut that down making some of these issues.

Mail8/10/11 did have some issues at the hands of spammers :(

I feel like slaughtering some spammers now. The old IPs were setup to forward incoming mail to new and they were bale to abuse this to also send spams, which is not good. that is why outgoing from mail11 (and mail10/8 ) was working but then stopped/delayed.

We will have this fixed in the next minutes, but have stopped the forwarding from old servers IP so it does not reoccur. This IS the same issue that was with mail4 that made the core issues, but mail8/10/11 don't have the 'gw' service on large numbers of them like mail4 does.

Please see ticket DJY-18729-720

We did the fix described above on Friday. We still have not received ANY mail as of Monday morning for one account.

Some of my customer accounts are fixed. The domain described in the ticket is still down.

More info: Even though I made the fix described in the forums on Friday (Change MX to mail4) it still hasn't taken. In control panel, it shows mail4. However, nslookup still returns gw-mail4.

See below:
> nslookup
> set type=MX
> d*******s.com
Server: 72.48.94.10
Address: 72.48.94.10#53

Non-authoritative answer:
d*******s.com mail exchanger = 5 gw-mail4.********.com.

Authoritative answers can be found from:
gw-mail4.*********.com internet address = 204.10.107.121
>

Having similar issue - some domains the fix worked fine and now they get mail, but one customer is still complaining that they are getting bounced outgoing messages and no incoming mail.

Back