Email problems...

tr1stan

Perch
Is anyone else having issues with their outgoing emails?

I've run these tests which suggest that I have issues with my outbound email:

1) I didn't receive an email from [email protected] that normally comes through automatically when they answer a ticket [FAIL]

2) I've sent and email to my work email [email protected] from [email protected] [FAIL]

2) I've sent an email to my gmail account from [email protected] [FAIL]

3) I've sent an email to [email protected] which should forward to [email protected] [FAIL] - this forward rule was working a couple of days ago.

4) I've sent an email from my work email address to [email protected] - which came through ok [success]

5) I've sent an email from my gmail account to [email protected] - which came through ok [success]

As you can see, emails going TO my domains are working, it's just the forwarded and outbound mail that is causing issues. When I mean fail, I'm not getting any error messages - they are just getting lost or not arriving yet.......

Ahhhhhhh, is there no end to the problems? :(

Tr1stan

I am also currently experiencing email problems. I cannot send emails out and also email forwarding on my accounts to email addresses is not working.

I have opened up a ticket (40236) but I have heard nothing from anyone.

Perhaps if we both keep at them they might do something about it.

Support where are you???

I also raised a ticket (#40239) before posting this Thread....I was only three tickets behind!

I'm kind of pleased that I'm not the only one (Sorry)

Tr1stan

I have confirmed this too. Outgoing mail is not reaching their destinations and no error is being returned.

I am sorry no one informed you. What's causing this issue is someone is spamming from our mail server, sending out a HUGE amount of email causing genuine email to be delayed

The mail queue is at 20,000 emails right now. Our team has been working to identify the spammers and clear the mess

The issue should be resolved within the next few hours

Yash,

Please can you provide an update on the email issue. I need to get in contact with my clients this morning to let them know what is happening.

Bruce

We should have this cleared up in another 3 hours. Having a tough time, the mail server is being flooded continously but we have made significant progress.

All genuine emails are still in queue, their delivery is just delayed

The issue has been fixed. The spamming domain was blocked
and the queue status is back to normal.

I'm pleased that this issue is now sorted, however I have to say that it would have been nice to have been informed about this problem the moment you knew about it, which would have saved me the time I spent testing email accounts, posting tickets and forum threads....I am of course making the assumption that your "Proactive monitoring" would have told you that the issue was raising it's ugly little head!

Regards,

Tr1stan

Yes, I understand the communication on this issue was poor, customers should have been informed via ticket.

everything was back to normal when tanmaya posted. if you are having any other issue, please open a ticket

All,

As the communication from Jodohost seems to be very poor again. I thought I would post to let you know that they are experiencing another attack, hence the reoccuring problems with emails.

As others have voiced, it would be nice if Jodohost would keep their customers informed.

Bruce

I am very sorry. Our team has been totally preoccupied with Win5 that although one admin - Tanmaya was working on this issue as soon as the alerts were raised (3 hours ago), this wasn't brought to my notice.

We are working on a new server status page which would give live information on server status, uptime and downtime information.

Such flooding issues are rare, I understand two incidents have happened in quick succession but this should be the last

EDIT: Issue resolved

Yash -

just a quicky: as annoying and disruptive as these issues are (and they are VERY!), we appreciate your updates here on the forum.

Back