Email to Hotmail not being received

OJM

Perch
I have ticket open in regards to this, but I was hoping someone might be able to offer some suggestions...

I've sent a couple of test emails from one of my domains, and the emails leave Jodohost without problems (Jodo have checked logs, and they leave and are received by Hotmail ok), but they never show in the Hotmail inbox.

I've tested through a script, Outlook and by asking Jodo to telnet to Hotmail etc.

All emails leave ok, but never make it to Hotmail - if I send to other domains, these arrive fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I've logged it as a call with Hotmail, but not sure how long they take to get back to me.

Cheers

If I send through another of my domains, they arrive at Hotmail ok.

It seems that mail5 (which the problem domain uses), may have issues with Hotmail...or vice versa.

It could with hotmail also be the SPF record, they put a high importance on that if they are still using the 'symantec protection'

The SPF records didn't make any difference, as far as I can see.

Could you look at ticket ID DPW-71653-213 and assist with a resolution please?

I'm in touch with Hotmail Domain Support, but they'd prefer to work with you guys to fix the problem. All details are in the ticket.

I'd really like to get this sorted, even if it means moving my domain onto another mail server.

Cheers!

see the topic about spamhaus
the SPF record is no use in this case because you have to put your privat IP in the SPF record, and that is not OK

Mioki

Hotmail is a pain-in-the-a$$ .... I forward a copy of all my JH mail to a LiveMail hosted email system and for some reason again last week the email server at JH was marked as a spammer and all email was rejected, a few hours later, through no effort of mine - everything was working fine again.

This has happened before and I've talked witht he Hotmail folks and tried to resolve issues by standard things like SPF changes but to no avail... then later it starts working all of the sudden without changes.

I even once set up a three-mailserver-forward system at one point to get around the rejection as it was easier than trying to get Hotmail to listen to reason.

Hotmail is a pain-in-the-a$$ .... I forward a copy of all my JH mail to a LiveMail hosted email system and for some reason again last week the email server at JH was marked as a spammer and all email was rejected, a few hours later, through no effort of mine - everything was working fine again.

This has happened before and I've talked witht he Hotmail folks and tried to resolve issues by standard things like SPF changes but to no avail... then later it starts working all of the sudden without changes.

I even once set up a three-mailserver-forward system at one point to get around the rejection as it was easier than trying to get Hotmail to listen to reason.

Their anti spam is very unpredictable and without reason it seems.

Their anti spam is very unpredictable and without reason it seems.

So is this something we need to report to Jodo or not?

I just started getting Hotmail bounces too (all weekend).

According to their docs, the 'block...against your IP address' is not really a spam filter issue (it's not score based - all email is just blocked).

I seem to remember that some of these blacklists/blocks can not be resolved by normal anti-anti-spam measures (SPF, etc.)

Here's their message:
Permanent Failure: MAIL FROM: XXX 550 REPLY: 550_SC-004_Mail_rejected_by_Windows_Live_Hotmail_for_policy_reasons._A_block_has_been_placed_against_your_IP_address_because_we_have_received_complaints_concerning_mail_coming_from_that_IP_address._If_you_are_not_an_email/network_admin_please_contact_your_
Delivery last attempted at Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:08:06 -0000

So is this something we need to report to Jodo or not?

I just started getting Hotmail bounces too (all weekend).

According to their docs, the 'block...against your IP address' is not really a spam filter issue (it's not score based - all email is just blocked).

I seem to remember that some of these blacklists/blocks can not be resolved by normal anti-anti-spam measures (SPF, etc.)

Here's their message:
normally in a few hours it fixes, 'spam complaints' com from symantec normally not from real users.

Back