ezmlm (mailing list) archives, web access

skypanther

Exalted Code Master!
Setting up a mailing list, I checked the box that says to archive list messages and I checked the enable web archive. So, how do I view the web archive?

Do I need to install the ezmlm-www perl add-on? That would be in my user space but the mailing lists are at the server level so I'm not sure I'd have access to the list archive data.

What I'm trying to set up is a web interface to the list archive that is available to only list members.

Thanks,
Tim

Hello Tim,

Sorry it is not possible to view mailing list archive on cluster1.

Thanks Tanmaya for both your answers. The digest retrieval is okay if you know which messages you missed or when a note might have arrived on the list. But, it doesn't give you a way to browse through old notes or search by keywords. It's also not particularly usable by novices (there are lots of list members who can barely figure out how to email to the list or respond properly, let alone retrieve an archive via email commands).

Perhaps there's a php/cgi tool that would read a mailbox, save each message in a DB, and provide web based access? Any suggestions anyone?

Tim

Back