Feedback from RC transfers

Hello, I was hoping to get some feedback from some of the folks that transferred from RC due to their recent problems.

From what I hear JodoHost is a good company and RC use to be very good, but I don't want to jump from one set of problems to another set of problems.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can give feedback... positive or negative.

Thanks

Yep I moved across over the last week. Did all the copying across myself (tho I hear jodo can do it for you if needed) Easy to set up as controls etc same as rc.

So far its all looking good with good support. A bit like rc in the old days :D

I completed moving everything over last Friday and cancelled the RC account just today.

One big advantage of JodoHost is their excellent support; not only do they provide a clear, concise method of filing support tickets but they also do it with good attitudes.

I've had several issues regarding new SQL setups and permissions and all were handled quickly and professionally.

I haven't used the forums much yet but (prior to my signing up) I did travel through them extensively to see how the JodoHost staff/supporters react to one another and I was more than pleased with the results.

Pleased enough to move all of my RC accounts over here. Now I can go back to develpoing new business instead of re-configuring everything to match RC's business plan.

I know full well what you've been experiencing and would highly receommend JodoHost.

Yep I agree. The general feel I get is that THE CUSTOMER COMES FIRST at Jodo which is a bit of a shock after the way RC have been dealing with customers (now mainly ex-customers) over the past few weeks.

The forums over here are not as busy as RCs - a bit less of a community, but that may be because there are less problems over here!!

Heres hoping ..... so far so good (very) :D

We still have a pretty good amount of forum activity, there was some concern about it all being public, so we made one private forum to address that concern. :D

Stephen said:
We still have a pretty good amount of forum activity, there was some concern about it all being public, so we made one private forum to address that concern. :D

I was a little concerned about that... having all the forums open. Which one is private?

Plus do some resellers have concern over the fact that Jodo also sales shared hosting... which can be seen as a direct competition to the reseller? Just curious.

Thanks

The one that is private is one that you can't see now, if/when you become a customer, just sent me a private message with your username, I will add you to the access list.

LookingForHost said:
Plus do some resellers have concern over the fact that Jodo also sales shared hosting... which can be seen as a direct competition to the reseller? Just curious.

Thanks

We a JodoHost do not see resellers as competition at all. The market is very vast and as it stands, reseller hosting is a major revenue generator for us. Look at it this way, regardless of which reseller host you are with, we'd still be selling our shared packages

Atul said:
We a JodoHost do not see resellers as competition at all. The market is very vast and as it stands, reseller hosting is a major revenue generator for us. Look at it this way, regardless of which reseller host you are with, we'd still be selling our shared packages

I understand this... I think the concern for some is if a potential client figures out we are using servers from JodoHost then they will likely just go with Jodo Host directly because we can't compete. I guess it all boils down to just how shielded we are from Jodo. I am not overly concerned, but I know some are very concerned.

Thanks

We have tried hard at our end to remain invisible if someone tries to find us througn our resellers,still anyone with a good hand in technology can find us. But what attracts people is the package and the perception he/she made about the company. So it depends again on you, how you bundle the hosting packages.

Shared hosting earns resources to us, to let you give better service at competitive prices. Try a comparison..

Also, we too face competition. Competition is something that always exist whatever you do :]

Just checking to see if there are any other RC transfers that would like to give some feedback. I am this close to leaving. I have been there almost since the beginning and it is killing me to make the decision. Arghhh.

Thanks

Hi, the RC refugee here.

In Spring 2004 I become sick of being pushed around by my hosting provider, so I decided to make educated decision about choosing the new one. I quickly discovered that HSphere is the way to go. I went to Psoft website, made a list of all providers (15 at that time), researched them, narrowed down to three: RC, Jodo, and ourinternet. I actually signed up with them and played around for two months before settling down with RC. I thought, I couldn't be more thorough.

My experience with RC was between "very good" and "great" until the take over. The main reason why I left was the fact that the server, which hosted sites of my most important client, was unstable for a week. A week of emails, trouble tickets, forum posts. The mail server ordeal was a just straw that broke camel's back. That fatal Wednesday I dug up my notes from a year ago, revisited runners up and compared them with a few companies talked about on RC and WHT forums. I decided to go with Jodo for two major reasons: this company really takes care of all its clients and communicates with them. You may be able to find company giving more resources for less money, claiming being more bullet proof and flawless than others. But the fact of real life is: shit happens. Sites will be down, servers will blow, switches will clog up - it is unreasonable to expect the perfection from the hosting company measured in 100% uptime. What makes the difference is how the company prepares for inevitable, how quickly responds to it, and lastly: with what kind of attitude.

At the fatal Wednesday at RC I signed up with Jodo and had to transfer asap. I needed assistance a couple of times. At that time I needed to have my issue resolved right there on the spot. I placed a phone call - that turned out to be interesting learning experience of communicating over VoIP line with about 2 seconds delay. The guy I talked with suggested using chat feature. That was it. Tanmaya was very helpful and patient with me two times that night. I was quite aggravated with the situation at RC and necessity to transfer. Tanmaya's help reassured me that my quick decision was the righ one.

Within last month I needed help when I got in trouble coding the submission page in php. At some point I made a bubu and sent about 2000 empty emails to myself and thought that my account was put on the email shit-list, as the script stopped sending emails. I chatted with a guy that day (can't recall the name), who checked the black-list, offered information about signing up for mass mail priviledge, checked the whole bunch of other things for me. He did not fix the problem for me, but we worked through this issue together; without his help it would have taken hours instead of minutes. Most importantly, he did not turned away with excuse "we don't support the code", like the other companies would. He did not blame me for my problem. Actually he was wrong about one thing, but he did not try to impose his idea on me, like others tend to. This is the kind of attitude I deeply appreciate and are very thankful for.

For guys who consider choosing Jodohost: don't expect faster servers here, more feature bells and whistles, 100% uptime, and so for, and so on, and such like... The technology is the same for everybody. All major players on this market are very much alike as far as the features and reliability. But be prepared that you will be treated with respect, serviced promptly, will be given all the attention you deserve. It's like in that old commercial: in the world of technology people make a difference.

cnisvcs said:
....All major players on this market are very much alike as far as the features and reliability.....
Quite true to a certain extent. It is an eventuality that equipment will sh** sometime or another. While a company can have excellent customer services, this presumeably refers to customer interaction. Operational procedures can really go an extra mile by stating standards of response and also by planning contingency steps in the event an outage occurs. Preparing in advance ahead of something that is bound to happen sooner or later is the real key.

Having a stand-by and formatted HDD is different from not having one, or shudder to think the guys simply place an order as one goes kaput; these are three plausible approaches any given provider may opt for. Every step is time-consuming and in this business every second counts.

I imagine JODO is an upcoming host with an ever-growing customer base. Arrogant, in time to come? I do not think Atul & company are ignorant and certainly have learnt from others. However with growth comes the inevitable loss of control. How efficiently things are organized is the key to continuing this same-brand service level through the growth. With proper planning, grwoing pains can easily be overcome. Thisd is technically called CRM which many fail to master even with huge investments.

Here's to a good hosting company and to their continued growth. :D

There's not much more that I can add.

I was unlucky to join RC only about 2 months ago--so I only had 1 good month and then everything went down the drain!

I was a bit concerned about Jodohost when I read that they too had a mail server problem last year, and some people were complaining about a lack of communication.

However, since then, the consensus seems to be that they learned their lesson and are focusing on communication.

And I can say so far that all my questions have been answered very promptly. And recently when they updated their servers, they gave us constant updates.

So I'm pretty happy with how things are going :D

liming said:
I was a bit concerned about Jodohost when I read that they too had a mail server problem last year, and some people were complaining about a lack of communication.

Where did you read about the lack of communication? Can you please email me because I don't think our communication has lacked during any major issue

Thank you everyone for your great comments. Anything good you say about us does give us the impetus to further challenge ourselves and improve our services.

jetzkr8 said:
I imagine JODO is an upcoming host with an ever-growing customer base. Arrogant, in time to come? I do not think Atul & company are ignorant and certainly have learnt from others. However with growth comes the inevitable loss of control. How efficiently things are organized is the key to continuing this same-brand service level through the growth. With proper planning, grwoing pains can easily be overcome. Thisd is technically called CRM which many fail to master even with huge investments.

I think we have certainly passed our growing pains. We have been growing pretty fast and have a very good company structure in place to deal with all issues effectively. We have constantly refined our backup/restoration techniques for large servers like ours (something hosts can get wrong) and have invested in quality equipment and software.

A company is as only good as its people. One thing Atul has worked on very hard is building a quality team. And really that team is what is responsible for the great service you currently receive from JodoHost

Back