Forums Login

bcandy

Guppy
I have logged into this forum under a username that I used to test Jodohost with, in advance of signing up. I am unable to login to this forum using my current live account, and when I follow the forgotten password procedure I do not receive an email giving the info I require. Please help.

My email address is [email protected]

From your post it isn't really clear to me if you actually created the account? Forum accounts and hosting accounts are in no way linked to eachother, you need to make a forum account separately.

the hosting, domain and forum accounts are three seperated accounts..

i think theres something wrong with PHP+email on windows servers, so that's the reason why you don't get any emails

DirtBag said:
i think theres something wrong with PHP+email on windows servers, so that's the reason why you don't get any emails

I believe they fixed that. Perhaps they forgot to apply the fix to the server running the forum?

Edit: I tested the mailing functionality by enabling e-mail notification for PMs. Indeed it seems broken.

I'll have to move this forum to linux server to solve the mailing problem.. I'll do that when I get some time.

SubSpace said:
From your post it isn't really clear to me if you actually created the account? Forum accounts and hosting accounts are in no way linked to eachother, you need to make a forum account separately.

Well that answers that one. So I will just stay with this username for forum use, and carry on using my new details for my hosting account. Thanks for your help.

Back