Freedom for Iraqis?

Let's see... half the population has no electricity, no water, no food no nothing. There is widespread looting in a lawless city. At least people could live in peace under Saddam.

I was actually reading somewhere where Saddam shot dead his health minister in the course of a meeting when he found out that he supervised the purchase of inferior quality of medicine for his people (brutal but he cared). He even introduced mass education programmes where people who didn't go to school would be put to jail. Before the war, he stocked food for the masses. There was no electricity or power problems

I don't think the problem was that he let some people live, I think the problem was that he didn't let everyone live

Yash said:
I don't think the problem was that he let some people live, I think the problem was that he didn't let everyone live

There was only peace for people who agreed with his policies.

I may not agree with everything that is happening...not sure the US did the perfect thing but removing him from power was the right thing. I just hope that they can bring the country back to peace and to a democracy that will benefit all iraqis.

Back