Grrr... Win5 .Net problems?

dannyc

Perch
My .Net sites are giving me an error page (they were working last night). I can't tell what the actual error is because the server doesn't seem to be noticing my customErrors mode change (from RemoteOnly to Off) in web.config, and will only give me the "friendly" error message. Anyone else having problems?

Turn off and then on ASP.net.
If that doesn't work, you need full asp.net permissions, submit a ticket and it would be done fast

To disable ASP.Net on this domain, I have to first disable MS SQL Manager. When I attempt to disable MS SQL Manager, it warns me that data will be lost; what data is it referring to? (This domain does use a MSSQL database.)

Danny, I can check permissions, I do not recall that error, there have been a few in .net however.
If you can ticket or PM the domain it would be helpful.

dannyc said:
what data is it referring to? (This domain does use a MSSQL database.)

Just so you know for the future, it doens't affect any of your database or your files. I have been able to disable it and it didn't delete anything of mine. I think it just deletes the application files...which are not stored in my domain so I have no idea where it is or what it does specifically BUT I know it is safe to say ok to the delete.

Yash said:
Turn off and then on ASP.net.
If that doesn't work, you need full asp.net permissions, submit a ticket and it would be done fast

OK... I just realized .net is not working on my sites either. So to turn off/on asp.net it says I must disable Sql server manager.

2 questions:

1) where do I do that? I don't see that option.
2) are we sure that turning off the sql server manager will not affect my database?

Andy

Kindly open a ticket so that we can exactly look in to the matter or if you have already opened, please give us ticket no.

vashishtha said:
Kindly open a ticket so that we can exactly look in to the matter or if you have already opened, please give us ticket no.

I just put in a ticket listing the domains:

Andy

Permission issue with ASP.NET for your domains has been fixed and Your ticket has been replied, Please check it now.

Back