Horde Path?

Hey me again... Questions about horde... So is there a direct path that can be entered by one of my clients to get horde access to there email? www.theirdomain.com/horde??? I know this does not work, but is there similar access...? Also is there anyway to not make the client type there full email address, just their username and password? Also to not have to select which mailserver?

Code Cleric said:
Also is there anyway to not make the client type there full email address, just their username and password? Also to not have to select which mailserver?

That is not available as a standard option, I had to make several code changes to make it possible. Hardly rocket science, but you'd have to do it every time IMP is updated.

If you make your own Horde/IMP installation and theirdomain.com is on the same Linux server, I think it would be possible with a symlink.

Personally I add webmail.theirdomain.com as alias to my webmail site, add the domain to the IMP configuration and add a custom DNS record for webmail.theirdomain.com to point to the right server.

Subspace you rock... You just went way over my head.. I'm windows over here. What I have done for now is from the client's cp, I added a site redirect to redirect www.theirdomain.com/horde to 66.36.228.155/horde This seems to work, my only concerns are... They still have to type their [email protected] and select the mailserver before loggin in.

Code Cleric said:
my only concerns are... They still have to type their [email protected] and select the mailserver before loggin in.
I'm not a reseller, so I don't know if this will work for you, but I use this redirect so I don't have to type in my domain name and select the mail server each time:
66.36.228.155/horde/imp/login.php?imapuser=%40domain.com&server=mail.m****here.biz

That's why I changed the code that automatically picks a mailserver, and add appriopriate the appropriate @domain.com to the username if needed.

I haven't tried getting Horde to work on a Windows server yet though. But if you get a basic IMP setup running, it's about 4 lines of added/changed code over 2 different files.

Yes one has to provide the login details to check mails lying at mailserver if using the web-based controlpanel...Else you can use Webmail option from the controlpanel to check mails.

Code Cleric said:
Subspace you rock... You just went way over my head.. I'm windows over here. What I have done for now is from the client's cp, I added a site redirect to redirect www.theirdomain.com/horde to 66.36.228.155/horde This seems to work, my only concerns are... They still have to type their [email protected] and select the mailserver before loggin in.

I used ungrounded's approach of passing values through the url in the redirect to the form object's I wanted defaults in... it worked... Thank-you guys... I have't used the url to pass variables in a long time, and honestly had forgotten about it.. Thank-you much... Other than seeing an unfamiliar address in the urlbar the client has no problems in the operation of their Horde login... Thanks again..

Back