Hosting Assured

Yash

Bass
We recently applied for the Hosting Assured seal and were able to receive it with ease. Hosting Assured is an independent program that allows customers to rate hosts, write reviews and file complaints. They even monitor host uptime.

We request customers that are satisfied with the quality of our service to take a minute and do leave a review about us. This can be done by visit our home page (http://www.jodohost.com) and then clicking the Hosting Assured button

Thank You

Cool.. JodoHost has an uptime of 99.306% according to that. I reckon the 3 hours downtime it shows is because of that datacenter upgrade? Ill definately be writing a review

4 reviews in 24 hours and counting :)
Thanks for the nice words

StPatrick, don't think your review got entered, don't see it at least. Check your email account, you'd probably have to verify it

Yash said:
StPatrick, don't think your review got entered, don't see it at least. Check your email account, you'd probably have to verify it

Well, I submitted a ticket to them yesterday about this problem. No reply yet though :(
Got nothing on mail (and checked that account is e-mail is working fine)

StPatrick said:
Well, I submitted a ticket to them yesterday about this problem. No reply yet though :(
Got nothing on mail (and checked that account is e-mail is working fine)

there was no need for that. leave it :)

I am with Frater on his comments on service....Maybe we finally found a host to stay with.

Anyway..just curious..is this site independent? I was watching tv and watched a report that some web hosting review sites are not independent but sponsored by the hosts that have some of the highest ratings on the same site...Can you say "conflict of interest"??

It would be nice to find a decent web host review site that is 100% independent and non biased. Because I have seen some sites that reccommend web hosts that have given me the worst service on the planet. That is not very useful.

Although...with the excellent service and support from Jodohost..why would I need to go anywhere else? ;)

yorri said:
Anyway..just curious..is this site independent? I was watching tv and watched a report that some web hosting review sites are not independent but sponsored by the hosts that have some of the highest ratings on the same site...Can you say "conflict of interest"??

It would be nice to find a decent web host review site that is 100% independent and non biased. Because I have seen some sites that reccommend web hosts that have given me the worst service on the planet. That is not very useful.

well hostingassured.com looks pretty independent to me. We had made an advertising offer to them which they rejected outright. Apart from that, it is pretty good for new customers to get an idea of our uptime and existing customers to file complaints

Frater L.V.X. said:
I don't agree with that, i noticed at least 3 windows hosting providers (excluding my previous ass of a host) that has a bad reputation but yet were allowed to retain the seal.

well yes, you found out they had a bad reputation from the customer comments section of hostingassured, right? I don't go by the seal, I look at the comments and the uptime figures. Seeing good comments and good uptime would definately reassure me

zuperman88 said:
well yes, you found out they had a bad reputation from the customer comments section of hostingassured, right? I don't go by the seal, I look at the comments and the uptime figures. Seeing good comments and good uptime would definately reassure me

I agree...the seal itself means nothing unless we know that the company follows up and makes sure their reputation isn't being tarnished...customer comments are always good but I have read that some companies create user accounts and make it look like they are customers giving themselves rave reviews so it's sometimes hard to judge on reviews alone.

What I like is if a review site allows the company to respond to the customer complaints. I found one site that does this...sometimes a bad review from a customer does not necessarily mean a bad host it could be just because the customer is mouthing off.

It's also sometimes nice to see comments from a host if they have done upgrades. If the messages are dated then you can make the judgement. My last host is planning some impressive improvements because their email servers are just not cutting it. A friend (who is still with them) sent me their marketing letter and if they do what they are planning it sounds like they might have a decent system. Anyway..the point is...taking the opinion of someone from back in 1996 is probably not a good idea.

Nothing is ever 100% but it would be nice to find a decent review site that somehow can reduce bogus customer reviews while allowing the host to respond...see a progression of communication over time and the quality of responses from both the client/ex-client and the host. You sometimes can learn a lot from reading people's communication.

Well..this is almost pointless to keep rambling on about but a good web host review site is something I wish I had over the past years because I've wasted sooooo much time looking for hosts when the ones I am with fail to provide decent service.

Back