Hotmail problems -- can't sign in for 2 days (tried 2 computers)

N

Natasha

Please help. WHen I try to sign in to MSN messenger, it gives me error 81000301 saying can be server problem or check my internet connection (which is working fine on other sites). I called their support number and the intructions were to clear files and cookies and set security settings to default which I did and restarted but nothing changed. The only thing that I did 2 days ago is defrag which I do all the time. I don't get why it's not working. Oh, I tried using another computer and no luck there either. :(
Any help is appreciated.

Hmm, this might have been better suited in chit chat or something, since it has nothing to do with JodoHost.

It's likely to be a problem with a firewall or your ISP. In fact I had a similar problem last weekend because my ISP was being weird..

Try doing a tracert messenger.hotmail.com and see if it stops before hop 4 or so. If it does, you should contact your ISP.

i'm having a different problem.... when i login , it takes me a to "buy" page for their expanded services, and i cant go anywhere else!!

I think hotmail must be under attack. I"ve had problems with hotmail the last two days when using it with Outlook. It tries to connect to the hotmail server, but usually just throws an error. On a few occasions in the last two days, it has crashed Outlook.

Bizarre.

Natasha said:
Please help. WHen I try to sign in to MSN messenger, it gives me error 81000301 saying can be server problem or check my internet connection (which is working fine on other sites). I called their support number and the intructions were to clear files and cookies and set security settings to default which I did and restarted but nothing changed. The only thing that I did 2 days ago is defrag which I do all the time. I don't get why it's not working. Oh, I tried using another computer and no luck there either. :(
Any help is appreciated.

i was told a while ago to do this when my msn messenger did the same thing as yours, click the start button on the main screen then click on the option run . . . then type in this regsvr32 softpub.dll it might work :]

Hi,
I'm a first timer here :)
The solution may be to disable the personal firewall (Norton Internet Security feature.)
More spefically - the messenger got the DNS address of messenger.hotmail.com (207.46.104.20) and attempted to access it on msnp port (1863/TCP.)
The personal firewall blocked any access from the messanger (probably due to previous mouse sequence.)
The program appeared to be blocked in the Norton Internet Security/Personal Firewall/Program Control/Manual Program Control window.
See
http://www.electrictoolbox.com/article/networking/open-firewall-msn-icq

Hope this helps,
Oren.

I haven't had a problem myself logging into hotmail..BUT

please be informed that last week (I think it was last week) that Microsoft is removing free access from outlook and outlook express to hotmail. Although I have been still able to connect, this may be the reason if you are trying through outlook or OE

yorri said:
please be informed that last week (I think it was last week) that Microsoft is removing free access from outlook and outlook express to hotmail.

REALLY?? Interesting.

Help

I can't open the mails in my mial box for more than
one week, the box continue receive new mails but
refuse for open to read! why? I have to read some of
the mails sent from my friends. and i can't rather send mail.
please instruct me
how to do now?

No No Errors Im Just Can't Read The Mail I Get And When I Click On Them Nothing Happened. I Just Still Where I Was =(

yeah me too...it has really been screwed up since they upgraded my storage space...i have had problems logging and it be VERY slow for weeks...i have tried ar school..home..and work all the same thing ...it is really bad right now...i use firefox at home ....and IE everywhere esle and get the same thing

I get a premium account with my internet, it works well, and no ads.

It doesn't help MSN Messenger any, it is always down it seems.

Have been having same problem. went around it by adding Hotmail on the Add on Content column on my Verizon/MSN.com homepage. Then I can see my E-mail and get to it .Hope this helps. chris461

Back