how do i install SSL?

I've read the documentation http://hsphere.parallels.com/docs/3.2/user/html/14178.htm, but they are referring to things i don't see like "SSL Server Private Key"...
Dedicated ip is setup.
godady certificate:https://certs.godaddy.com/Apache2_alt.go
Cp is ready at "choose the Import SSL certificate option"...

What do i put in "SSL Server Private Key"?
I have gd_bundle.crt and thedomain.crt in the godady zip...

Help please anyone?
did you get a CSR from the server, and then generate the SSL cert from goddady based on this? If so you don't need to import a private key it will know that one already.

I have needed to install 2 certs. from GoDaddy since the H-Sphere upgrade. In both cases I needed support to help with the installation as it no longer worked properly going through the control panel. (not sure if that has been fixed yet or not)

I sent support the cert. and the private key..and they were able to then install.

Where do I get the private key? Are you referring to the temp one that was created? All I have from GD are 2 .crt files.

Where do I get the private key? Are you referring to the temp one that was created? All I have from GD are 2 .crt files.

when you make the CSR it displays the private key as well, it is an important piece for matching the key and required.

If you don't have it you may need to turn ssl off, save the info this time, and rekey the ssl cert at godaddy so that you have the key.
I know other SSL certs are working, maybe something unique about the godaddy process.

Ok. I do have that. What do I put in the Certificate File field? And where do I put the key? This confuses me everytime I do it.

Okay, I'm hijacking this thread to get some additional clarification: I made a key request of my CA (IPSCA), and got a CR and a private key, as well as a temp. cert.

Now I have the "official" cert, and I assumed I could just go drop it off in hsphere under "Install Certificate based on previously generated Certificate request" -- but when I do that, I get error messages from browsers when I hit the secure site -- "Security Connection Failed" with (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer).

IPSCA talk about a bundle file with root CAs, but there's nowhere I can drop those off as far as I can tell, and the instructions to do so indicate that I should be dropping them in the root of the server -- not happening, is it now?

What do I do -- I really shouldn't need to get with support for this, it's by the book, no?

Well that is the major draw back to signing up with new hosting companies, i dont if you will be register some good reputed cheap web hosting company like bluehost, webhosting pad or any other, it would be very simple for you SSL through their online tutorial or telephonic customer support.

good reputed cheap web hosting company like bluehost, webhosting pad or any other
-- or, say, Jodohost. :rolleyes: I've been with them for years now, and I have never had any significant trouble with their support. In this case, too, they came thru for me, and helped me get the SSL installed. I'm not sure if you're trolling for business for one of the other outfits you mention, or simply want to be helpful -- either way, I'll find my solution here with jodohost, thank you very much.

the problem lays with hsphere and its half-arsed documentation and implementations.
The help file does not say/reflect what the user sees in the cp.
It'd be impossible for anyone whos never done it before to do it successfully for the first time based soley on hsphere help docs.
I'm about to do this again, so hoping it comes back to me as i proceed.

Back