How to set text box values with combo boxes

etalent

Guppy
I've got a simple database that has 4 tables and a form with 14 controls on it. The controls are all text boxes except for 2 combo boxes. I'm very close to getting the functionality right, but I just can't quite get it. I have found that my first attempts at getting help don't get too far maybe because this simple database quickly seems not so simple once I try to explain it.

I want to be able to (1) scroll through existing records or (2) add new records. Generically speaking, to add new records, all I want the form to do is the following:

(1) Click the add new record button.
(2) Type in something in the first 4 text boxes.
(3) Click 1 of the combo boxes to set the value of the other combo box and to set the values of 6 of the remaining text boxes.
(4) Type something into the remaining 2 text boxes.

Things get more confusing with specific examples. Ideally, you should be looking at the database itself, so you can see the table, fields, relationships, and controls. The attached is a 98 KB zipped file, which includes the database and a specific example. Here is the same example as that I provide in the zip file:

(1) Click the add new record button.
(2) Type in "to walk" in the text box labeled "English." Type in "andar" in the text boxes labeled "Espanol" and "Portugues." Type in "manje" in the text box labeled "Kreyol."
(3) On the page labeled "Espanol," click the combo box labeled "Conjugacion." Only three possible choices should be available (hablar, comer, mentir). Select "hablar." The value of the text box labeled "Present Participle" is set to "hablando." The value of the text box labeled "Past Participle" is set to "hablado." The value of the text box labeled "Imperative" is set to "hable." On the page labeled "Portugues" the value of the combo box labeled "Conjugasao" is set to "falar." The value of the text box labeled "Present Participle" is set to "falando." The value of the text box labeled "Past Participle" is set to "falado." The value of the text box labeled "Imperative" is set to "fale." On the page labeled "Kreyol" the 2 text boxes are blank.
(4) On the page labeled "Kreyol" in the text box labeled "Expression" type "(manje placeholder)". In the text box labeled "English Interpretation" type "(to walk placeholder)".

Thanks,
-Dave

Back