HSphere 2.4

WOW! I am so excited! Lets get it!!!!! So will the interface automatically update? anything we need to do from our end??

Looks awesome!

Regards,
MAK
MAKhosting
MAKstudios.com

As soon as it goes RC, we'll upgrade. Not in beta however. PSOFT has strongly recommended against this version for production use for companies having over 100 accounts.

Hey Yash...

I am sooo impatient when it comes to the launch of this new cpanel!!! When you say january... are you promising? or just an estimate? I want to mold my business model according to the new look... and obviously since i am paying for services I want to get going asap...

Impatiently waiting...lol :D

MAKhosting said:
Hey Yash...

I am sooo impatient when it comes to the launch of this new cpanel!!! When you say january... are you promising? or just an estimate? I want to mold my business model according to the new look... and obviously since i am paying for services I want to get going asap...

Impatiently waiting...lol :D

Yash cannot promise anything because it is all dependent on the company that makes Hsphere. Judging by their past, they are not quick about anything so I wouldn't expect this or at least don't make any business decisions based on this.

I too would love to get the benefits of this new release but PSoft (the makers of Hsphere don't do anything quickly and they are not reliable from what I see at their own forums...because everyone complains that some features take upwards of a year to be implemented after Psoft promises them)

I just want to make sure that you understand this is out of Yashs hands as he has to wait for Psoft to release a stable version of Hsphere 2.4 before he can use it (or the RC1 as he indicated)

I got some great news for HSphere critics

PSOFT has decided to implement ftp-sub accounts for windows. It won't be like unix though. You'd have to specify a separate quota for each new account. This feature should be out very soon

Also, HSphere 2.4 has support for Cold Fusion MX DNS creation...

Lastly, Virtual directory support for Windows also seems around the corner

hatton said:
2.4 is supposed to support MySQL 4.x as well, right?

No sign of that at the moment. They've introduced a new voting system for new features. I Just added MySQL 4.x to the voting list. Hopefully we should get enough votes to have it supported. I wasted most of our votes on ftp sub accounts :(

Yash said:
No sign of that at the moment. They've introduced a new voting system for new features. I Just added MySQL 4.x to the voting list. Hopefully we should get enough votes to have it supported. I wasted most of our votes on ftp sub accounts :(
Where is this voting system? :D

Yash said:

Well if they truly do add the ftp sub accounts then that will be one less thing to worry about (even if it is a less than ideal implementation) at least you won't have to do them manually.

Of course I still won't hold my breathe. hehe

Hmmm.... All this excitement and no 2.4... X(

Getting close to end of January. :D

Just the site of the existing cpanel makes me cringe everytime it loads. lol.

Thats how good Yash and the support team are! Even though I cringe... I just think of how awesome the support is and im ok.

MAKhosting said:
Hmmm.... All this excitement and no 2.4... X(

Getting close to end of January. :D

Just the site of the existing cpanel makes me cringe everytime it loads. lol.

Thats how good Yash and the support team are! Even though I cringe... I just think of how awesome the support is and im ok.

Well after all the latest problems...I am rethinking about having hsphere 2.4 loaded. It seems that Psoft can keep an implementation going without problems popping up.

I would much prefer the reliability and consisitency that we have had in between software upgrades, server shifts and data shifts.

yorri said:
Well after all the latest problems...I am rethinking about having hsphere 2.4 loaded. It seems that Psoft can keep an implementation going without problems popping up.

I would much prefer the reliability and consisitency that we have had in between software upgrades, server shifts and data shifts.

Yorri,

That is one good point you have there. I hope the transformation does not have to many troubles arrise. I have only a few clients right now, but problems for a few clients = because of the switch is just as bad as many.

MAKhosting said:
Yorri,

That is one good point you have there. I hope the transformation does not have to many troubles arrise. I have only a few clients right now, but problems for a few clients = because of the switch is just as bad as many.

Well I am being told 1 of the problems is not because of Psoft..so I will accept that because the problem was never acknowledged formally beyond...it is fixed.

I am being told that one of my other problems are my fault even though I had been running my site that way for months without error and even as little as a few days ago.

Then there is the other 2 problems
1) I haven't heard word about yet and the other because of negligence.

so I have no idea what to think...all I know is that problems keep appearing everytime when we switch stuff...although I have to say that this one didn't have AT the time of switch...but I do know that installations were going on and my experience with other hosts is that everything seems to work perfectly until they install or upgrade new software..This is a common problem and should not be ignored as minor.

For example. I was with Webhost4life and didn't have ONE problem for a year and a half and then they decided to install spam software...well only about 95% of my emails were getting through to me and then even some emails couldnt' be sent out. Of course I wasn't aware of this until I started getting complaints that I wasn't answering emails. Unfortunately I didn't know that they were being sent and they were not all being bounced back...they just mysteriously disappeared.

I guess I should expect that there will be problems but it seems that over the last few years...90%+ of my problems would have been prevented if it were not for bad software installations or upgrades or proper testing (not saying this is Jodohost because we already had a discussion about this) but not that Jmail isn't working ....well why isn't this tested? It is such a simple thing. Or why isn't ASPImage tested..AGAIN SIMPLE AND SHOULD BE DONE..Why wait till a customer has problems??? I don't understand. If you say you support it...test it.

We all know what happens when software gets changed, installed, or upgraded...even something as simple as a security update has broken many things on servers I have dealt with which has caused the complete application to not work just because I happen to use the ONE tiny peice of code or object or db driver that it breaks. And it's not a simple if else statement. I mean I cannot use a specific security update that happened in Sept or October because it breaks the Access Data driver. Updating the db drivers to version 7 or 8 didn't even help...then I found that ms knows it's a problem but hasn't fixed it...although has released 2 patches since. Good thing I had backups for that server I tell you...to revert the OS to before I did that Security update. Of course...then it worked again. Sure this is a MS problem but since web hosts are in this business I don't understand why they continue to allow these problems to happen when simple testing would turn up some (of course not all...I am not that niave) of the simple preventable issues.

Anyway..I am just tired of dealing with problems every few months....something I have been dealing for years.

If the service wasn't so amazing here I would definitely go elsewhere as I have many times before. I don't have time for this every few months.

I just wish I had the money to run my own server but that is impossible at this time.

HSphere 2.4 is in BETA 4. I think its still a few more weeks before we see a RC release

And yorri, as I said I appologize for the issues that you have experienced with us (JMAIL and ASP not functioning). And as I said before, I believe both these issues were resolved under 6 hours for you. I think your website is all set on the new servers and you shouldn't have any further problems. These issues have nothing to do with HSphere.

Back