Hwwin1 Not Responding

It looks like the raid broke and it forced a reboot, then it is not booting into windows properly, I am working on this now at the datacenter.

very odd case here I can see all the data even with the raid broken, I can see it twice, but the boot into system is not working.

I've found the issue, both the drives from the RAID are going incredibly slow, this is what caused the raid to break. I'm working on them off server now to try to get the server and data bootable and usable.

Good news, user data is just fine, bad news, windows data doesnt look to be! (well, it seems that there is some NTFS issue anyway, both of them saying need to chkdsk and taking a very extended period of time)

It looks like we are going to have to do a restore from backup at this point, I'd like to move the live data back in after that if possible but we will see how long the restore takes.

This isn't going too well so far, hardware nodes can be very tricky with device drivers, network drivers etc loading into the pre-boot mode to get the backup to restore the entire OS, I am working on this and and alternative method now as well.

Restoring this as bare metal is pretty much a disaster at the moment, getting errors about EFI/BIOS etc on the restore and just can't get it to boot, very likely will be doing rebuild of users and IIS config and then restoring the content of the users folders.

Updates are still going, this is another problem with hardware nodes, when loading the OS you have to wait a long time for updates, reboot, more updates, more updates....Almost there with updates then we start the IIS recreate process.

IIS has been rebuildling for a while now, I just thought of one problem we will have and that is in certificates, they may need to be regenerated for SSL sites, as we have no way to recover them with windows not booting from the old. On the good side, most SSL providers now allow regenerating the certificate to due recent SSL problems, and it will be a good thing to have here. If your provider doesn't offer this we will offer our SSL product a domain level PositiveSSL certificate replacement.

Recreate process is completed and we are starting to move files into place, and website will start coming up within next 30 min or less.

Recreate process is completed and we are starting to move files into place, and website will start coming up within next 30 min or less.

IIS is stopped at the moment as the copy of user data should be done within an hour, it was taking too long and making error for client sites, and slowing file copy when we tried to keep it on. Until permissions are set it will make problems for sites anyway, so just best to be off and complete so we can set the permissions properly

Sites are up and running, we are still working on finding any SSL certs that we may have in tickets or on server as well. There are some domains we know have special configs that we are working on restoring their config settings manually.

Down to waiting on just one client response for site SSL (on 2 domains however) and all rest are back up and going including SSL. We've found that most SSL providers provide rekey service at no charge.

Back