I can't receive email

Pious

Guppy
X( I have been using WebmailASP for the past few months, but now I am not able to receive any email. This has been a problem for the past few weeks.

It seems the inbox continually refreshes (never stops) and yet never receives any email.

1. I have double checked database permissions (off the site root).

2. Reloaded all program folders and files.

Yet the problem continues....

If you use WebmailASP and have any suggestions I'd really appreciate it. I have twice tried to get answers from webmailasp.net but I've yet to receive a reply.

HELP!

Hi, do you know what component this uses to receive email?
Are you sure you may not be emptying your mail box before this script checks it?

Yes... the program uses ASPMail and ASPPOP3 server objects. When I run the diagnostic page every thing seems to check out. However... I can send but not receive email.

I am not sure what your asking regarding the second question.

Again, this is a new problem and up until recently we have been able to use the program just fine.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

;)

After further investigation I found that the program is no-longer updating the sign-on date. This is true for all the database email clients.

The most recent log in was 7/20/04. However, I continue to log in but I guess it's no-longer recorded in the administrators log.

Dang... what happened? Was there a melt down on the 20th?

I'm confused...

?(

Oh... and no... all test emails were sent and not retreived prior by another script.

There what nothing on the 20th that I know of for sure.

Can you tell me which server and domain, and PM me or email me, stephen @ jodohost.com

Stephen,

Per your request, I have emailed you the server and domain information. Any suggestions?

I finally received an email response from [email protected], however, their only comment was, "Have you (re)run the diagnostics.asp wizard?"

WOW... I've waited days for that... ;(

HELP! It's my hope this can be resolved without losing the database and personal emails of each profile.

I'm still open for suggestions.

?(

I have the domain and all, however I have to track a number of issues down, I may ask for more information in private later.

Hi,

This is Marcelino Martins from WebmailASP.

Usually, running the diagnostics wizard and reading the instructions in its pages solves 90% of the support questions, but this case is more complicated.

We added a new entry to the Troubleshooting page with instructions on how to diagnose this problem. It's now question 3 on the
troubleshooting page.

> I found that the program is no-longer updating the sign-on date.

I think you are referring to the "lastlyUpdated" field. This field is updated when an Inbox refresh succeeds, not when the user logs in. So the fact that it hasn't changed is consistent with the problem you report.

Best regards,
Marcelino Martins

Marcelino,

Per your instructions, I have reviewed the question 3 on the
troubleshooting page and recorded the following:

1. The diagnostic.asp indicates a PASS to all installed email components.

2. Mail has been successfully received with Outlook Express but still unavailable through WebmailASP.

3. When a simple UPPER Case change was made to the POP Server name, i.e., .US, the settings window closed without an error message.

Note: When an email profile or POP3 account is opened the inbox continual displays the refresh arrow animation.

4. When the Refresh Inbox is selected through Account it opens to a blank window and remain inactive even after clicking the refresh button.

Note: No error messages has ever been prompted.

5. The following selections are used for all email profiles:

a. On each refresh:
"All messages (i.e. messages are moved, not copied)"

b. On each logout:
"All messages in the 'Deleted' folder"

I will PM you a link to the diagnostic.asp so you can personally review the aforementioned results.

Thank you for your continued assistance.

:)

Hello Marcelino,

If you can figure anything else out i would be glad to hear it, I am stumped and not sure what is wrong. Feel free to PM or email me, stephen @ jodohost.com if you have any ideas.

So... what do you think Marcelino & Stephen?

Per your instructions Stephen, I have checked and confirmed that my Outlook Express does not have the, "leave a copy on the server," box selected. Thanks for the Flash tutorial Stephen. Great job! 8)

I have sent you both the diagnostic.asp link so you can each confirm the success of the configuration and create your own POP3 account to review the described problem. Let me know if you need me to delete them.

It's my hope this will soon be resolved.

Thank you both for your efforts. :)

This is now working for me, I checked sucessfully at both an internal and external mail server, feel free to login to or delete both of the "webtest" accounts.

Well... if Stephen successfully created and used a new POP3 account it sounds like the existing entries became corrupt in the database.

I deleted one email profile from the server and was still able to sign into that same profile using WebmailASP. Does that right?

Taking it a step further, I changed the POP3 server to another server but that did not change any of the existing problems.

After re-establishing the original server email address the problem still exists. Are we having fun yet. ;(

I am going to download the database and take a look at it. From there I might inform the users their email will be lost and upload a fresh database file. I was hoping to avoid this...

In closure, I have a few questions for Marcelino:

1. Could this be a browser issue? I had to ask.

2. Would it help if I used a MSSQL Server?

3. Is it possible to direct the database path using an ODBC?

If any of the above are possibilities please elaborate.

Dang... how did 'all' the email users become corrupt at once. Was it an attack?

:rolleyes:

Back