IIS periodically dying -- Plesk App Pool issue?

For a couple of days now, my VPS IIS 6.0 has periodically (every six hours or so) gone offline -- all my visitors get when they try to hit one of the sites on the server is a "Service Unavailable" error. Once I realize it's gone belly-up I can go in and reset IIS (command prompt: iisreset.exe), and things are good for another six hours. But that's not very neat.

Now, the IIS error log just shows: "503 AppOffline plesk(default)(pool)." Not very helpful. There's nothing useful in the event viewer, and while I have a hunch this is related to some Coldfusion issues on the server (weeding my way thru log files right now), I'd really like to have a way to make IIS deal with this problem in a less toddler-like fashion while I troubleshoot. Is there a way to convince IIS to just restart itself (or the plesk app pool) when it chokes instead of just seizing up? I've tried to tweak the settings in the plesk app pool, but haven't made any headway.

Eventually I'll track down whatever is causing IIS so much grief, but I'd like to keep things running a bit better until I do. Anyone have any ideas?

yes you can make it recycle before this happens, on the pleskapp pool in iis manage right click, go to properties, then on the recycle time set it to about 270-300 minutes range and the pool should recycle before it crashes.

Back