IMAP Mail issues

shamrox

Perch
Almost everytime I try to email a client I get a message like this:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Re: Fw: New Account: Value', Account: '[email protected]', Server: 'mail.myhost.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I put in a support ticket and get a response of "Fixed" and then it is fixed. I would like to know what I can do to stop this or be able to fix it. This is getting very annoying when a potential client emails me and I can email back right away.

Thanks
Sean

I had a chat with our unix admin and he said this issue has been resolved. are you still experiencing it? Is that above error message the latest or is that just an example?

this was the latest...I have a ticket pending with this too. I just thought I could get quicker response thru the forums

that isn't true. you'll always receive a faster response regarding a server issue in the ticket system. Right now your ticket is on hold and is going to be investigated by our admin in the next 10 to 15 minutes. Whether you posted in the forum or in the ticket system, you'd have to wait the 15 minutes for an actual resolution :(

I'm just saying this because many customers think that the only way to receive a response is by posting this on the forum. That isn't true. 99% of our support is handled through the ticket system. We receive a ticket every 2 to 5 minutes.
When an issue isn't answered for a few hours, it means that the specific unix, windows or db administrator is not available at the moment. When he is, you'll get a response. If the issue is an emergency, we'll contact him on his cell phone and get him working on the issue immediately. Posting here doesn't make any difference. Furthermore, our system administrators hardly ever visit the forum.

Not to be rude, would just like to clarify this.

Back