Interesting post on Go Daddy

Greggers

Perch
Just came across the following post on another forum I am a member of. Not sure of the total accuray, but someone did reply that they had contacted GoDaddy to confirm.

Recently brought a domain from luckyregisters.com which is a sister concern of godaddy.com and also used the domains by proxy to keep my privacy.
I was surprise and shocked when they said I spamming and suspended my domain name.

I hate spam as much as anbody and am no spammer.

Apparently the fact that I had contacted webmasters [unfortunately one fo them complained] was deemed as unsolicited mail. That I did not ask their permission before I emailed them was my fault a bit of a catch 22 situation here as even if i contacted them to ask permission I am still mailing them.

Their deal was I pay $199 and they will forget it or I pay $50 to leave their services. I was having none of this and just simply changed my domain name for a fraction of the cost.

So if a webmaster contacts you from a domain registered with godaddy or one of its sister companies like luckyregisters or domainsbyproxy and you donot like the webmaster just write a letter to [email protected] and they will suspended that domain or make the webmaster pay $199 .

And if you want a new domain hmmm................

Back