Internationalisation

nzkiwi

Perch
One of the things that attracted me to JH was that Hsphere has Locale settings (Settings > Look And Feel > Regional Settings). After sign-up I found out the date settings don't work. I'm stuck with the date format of M/D/Y instead of the D/M/Y format used in this part of the world :(

The incorrect date format causes so much confusion with invoicing that I no longer bill customers through Hsphere.

I was hoping that Psoft would have this fixed with the release of Hsphere 3. But I see there has been no change.

Is Psoft going to fix this fault any time soon?

Surely you mean Internationalization with a zee?

Of all the countries in the world, I think m/d/y is only used in one.

I had some convincing to do once while cashing a traveller's cheque from NZ in the USA. ( "Sir, we can't cash a check from the future!" )

Good luck
Ross

(A transplanted Kiwi)

Ironic that the very word for multi-language support is one where the English speaking world can't agree on it's spelling :D

tetranz: You've been out of the country too long. The letter z is pronounced zed. New Zealand dictionaries and style manuals use the -ise word ending almost exclusively in preference to the -ize ending, so I'm just tagging along.

Back to the topic. To the many JH resellers located outside of the US: do you have many complaints about the 'incorrect' date format, and how do you handle it?

it has never worked and looks like it still doesn't.
I also have asked this before....

Not trying to be rude.....but point of fact, US is ignorant of most things outside of its borders and even though this issue has been raised with psoft(by jodohost on my behalf) couple of years ago they still don't consider important enough to fix.

For all the good things about hsphere/psoft....imo, its a half arsed application/development company .

Changing the date format there has no effect. I have set:
Short date format: dd/MM/yy
Medium date format: dd/MMM/yyyy
Long date format: dd/MMMM/yyyy
Full date format: EEEE, dd/MMM/yyyy
But dates are still incorrect. For example, client billing shows:
10/6/07 1:53 PM Usage fee for extra 96.6 MB above pre-paid 2 GB of traffic (9/4/07 - 10/4/07)
Locally this is interpreted as the bill being raised in June covering traffic during a single day in April. To be correct locally, it should be:
6/10/07 1:53 PM Usage fee for extra 96.6 MB above pre-paid 2 GB of traffic (4/09/07 - 4/10/07)
See ticket CDK-65965-144 (Apr 9 2006)
Unfortunately Psoft told us that the feature is reserved for future versions and is not working in current release.

Regards,
Tanmaya

Quote:
Unfortunately Psoft told us that the feature is reserved for future versions and is not working in current release.

Regards,
Tanmaya

yep in the future: once US takes over the world and were all using m/d/y format ....problem solved lol.

No updates, if it is not working for you, please create a ticket and we will again ask Psoft.

Short, medium, long and full date formats represent dates in your control panel. This feature is not yet implemented, though reserved for future versions.
:frown: :sad: :censored:
I'm sure the second sentence was missing from the original 2.4 documentation...

Back