Internet radio - good 70s rock stream?

skypanther

Exalted Code Master!
Good music gets my creative juices flowing. I can't work without it!

I have been a regular listener to RadioIO's 70s rock channel (radioio70s.com) for quite some time. I even paid for the ad-free stream. They used to play a lot of B-sides and tunes that never made the charts, many from bands I never heard of even though I grew up with this music.

Well, they've gone mainstream and are playing more and more "hits". Elton John's Tiny Dancer and Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion prompted me to post this here...it's not that those are bad songs. But come on, I can get them off my dud of a local "Classic Rock" radio station.

Anyone know of a good Internet radio station playing the sort of stuff RadioIO70s used to play? If Sirius weren't so darn expensive, I'd listen to The Vault. But, I can't justify $13/month.

Thanks,
Tim

Thanks WebFire. I'm listening to it now. So far I'm very pleased with their song selection based on the "seeds" I provided. The user interface could be made a bit easier. Still, very neat idea. I've registered and I'll give it a try and I'll probably get a paid subscription.

I think Last.fm has expanded their collection of streamed music to include all material from several large record companies as well.
It's not available in the Netherlands yet though, so I haven't been able to try it. It's available in the USA as well as Germany and some other countries I think.
Then again, I generally prefer other types of music anyway :D

Last.fm is a kinda like Pandora I suppose, except Pandora is US only. Not a problem in your case though.

Back