Invoice timing

Watson

Guppy
The way in which billing is handled is causing me a problem and I think it should be changed.

I received my invoice today for my next month of hosting. I paid it immediately via credit card. A few hours later now and I'm trying to add a subdomain to my account. But it won't let me because it says I have insufficient funds. I'm guessing this is because the payment hasn't been processed by you yet.

But this isn't the way it should work. I rely on your emailed invoice so I remember to pay. I pay immediately yet I still can't do the things I need to do on my account. Can't you send the invoice out 2 days before the payment is due? Or can't you up the credit limit to one month of hosting so I can still do things to my account while payments are being processed?

I don't know of any other company who operate this way. When an invoice is sent, the customer should have X days to pay (7 / 14 would be normal). If payment isn't received by then, then you should stop features like adding new subdomains. But I've paid within 5 minutes of receiving the invoice and yet I'm still in a position where I can't do what I need to.

Sorry about that. We are working on automating the system. It's just that it isn't something so easy to do.

Can't you simply write a script and have the credit card processing sites (2CO, Paypal, etc) return to the script page once payment has been made?

The script would be given the account name, update the database to say the account has been paid, and then just thank the user for paying or redirect them somewhere else.

We are actually thinking about getting a gateway from our bank. We'd like to dump 2CheckOut ASAP.

A gateway from our bank means setting up a server exclusively for payments and investing in the software and transaction means. That is why this is taking time. We also wish to provide merchant services to our customers

Yash said:
We are actually thinking about getting a gateway from our bank. We'd like to dump 2CheckOut ASAP.

A gateway from our bank means setting up a server exclusively for payments and investing in the software and transaction means. That is why this is taking time. We also wish to provide merchant services to our customers

When do you see this happening?

Yash said:

I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but I've used http://www.mypaysystems.com/ before (as a customer). Recurring credit card transactions worked fine :)

Back