IP mixup

The IP shown against the Domain name in the CP is correct, but is still resolving to another, which is now deleted. I am now unsure what to try.
IP Showing in CP 66.235.181.246 Domain Name Mumshomebiz.com . Ping mumshomebiz.com = 66.235.181.49 which was associated against mumshomebiz.net not .com . That IP was never associated against the .com tld

There is a ssl associated with 66.235.181.246/ mumshomebiz.com so I cant change or re-establish ip.
And of course its the most critical site I host. Hate that...

Any ideas ???

I have been able to and can access the pages by IP. The domain name has been resolving to the IP fine. This resolution stopped this morning. The Nameservers for the domain name remain unchanged. It seems the relationship between the name and the IP at the server is null or incorrect. Everything is still pointing to Jodohost and has for a while now. Its just stopped resolving. I have checked and rechecked everything I can think of. If this is a propogation issue, I cant see any propogation is needed outside of the server as it has been functional for over a month on this IP with this domain name.

When I ping your domain, I get the dedicated IP. You can also verify this from dnsstuff.com. There is nothing wrong with the A records as well

I really have no explanation why this happened. It might be possible that your ISP is retrieving the record from the new name servers all a sudden (if you had changed your name server IPs to them and then reverted back).. The new name servers are going to be pulled down due to issues with them. The old name servers will continued to be used as they are stable now..

Thanks, I cant see the site yet, neither can the client, but hopefully will soon. Nothing had been changed re DNS or nameservers from our end. Thanks again

I'm waiting on some propagation myself. I am wondering if we're not seeing a routing issue here. I saw in another thread that some sites could not be accessed from some locations and Yash mentioned that his vendor was having routing issues.

My ISP's DNS servers are 216.127.136.200 and .209. The 200 name server can resolve all my names but one. The 209 server resolves all my names. So why does the 200 server have problems resolving just one of my names? It may be propagation because this one domain had been setup to use my registrar's DNS until I changed it back to use a JodoHost reseller's DNS about 36 hours ago. So I'm still holding out that this will fix itself. I had been toying with the idea of moving all my DNS to my registrar's servers since there were so many problems here. But I decided not to do that becuase it could cause me more problems later on, so I moved it back. I only tested with this one domain, and by the way it worked fine.

But I had another domain that was resolving just fine from everywhere except Yahoo. Yahoo was getting the wrong IP for that domain. Yash fixed that somehow and today it is resolving fine.

These are very strange problems. Either DNS or routing problems when the systems try to get the DNS information. Some places resolve just fine, while others resolve to the wrong address or don't resolve at all. And some of these domains I was having problems with (until yesterday) had been in place for over a week.

All my websites work just fine other than these name resolution problems. And all problems seem to be fixed (crossing my fingers) except this one name.

Yash (or anybody), if you want to test this the domain is zupcom.com. My ISP's 200 server will not resolve this but the 209 server will resolve it just fine.

c:\>nslookup
Default Server: dslrouter
Address: 192.168.1.1

> server 216.127.136.200
Default Server: dns02.xecu.net
Address: 216.127.136.200

> brawney.com
Server: dns02.xecu.net

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: brawney.com
Address: 66.36.229.77

> zupcom.com
Server: dns02.xecu.net

*** dns02.xecu.net can't find zupcom.com: Server failed
> server 216.127.136.209
Default Server: ns3.xecu.net
Address: 216.127.136.209

> brawney.com
Server: ns3.xecu.net

Name: brawney.com
Address: 66.36.229.77

> zupcom.com
Server: ns3.xecu.net

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: zupcom.com
Address: 66.36.229.91

If the .200 name server of your ISP is not resolving your domain into an IP correctly, you should contact your ISP. A DNS server simply returns an IP for a domain name. There is no question of any routing issue.

A routing issue means when a certain IP address or internet destination is unrecheable from some parts of the internet. That is not in your case. Level3 (a major ISP) had some issues a few days ago which could have explained a few problems. But there shouldn't be any routing issues now

I do recommend you use our DNS servers because everything is stable

What if my ISPs name server cannot reach my domain's authoritive name server to get the IP address? You are right, I should talk to my ISP about this problem. I'm also going to wait and see if it corrects itself in the next 24 hours. But with the mention of routing issues and the DNS problems we've seen (Yahoo resolves the wrong IP address) I wanted to mention it here.

And I do intend to use Jodo's name servers. I just hope these kinks will go away and stay away. It is frustrating.

Yash said:
If the .200 name server of your ISP is not resolving your domain into an IP correctly, you should contact your ISP. A DNS server simply returns an IP for a domain name. There is no question of any routing issue.
A routing issue means when a certain IP address or internet destination is unrecheable from some parts of the internet. That is not in your case. Level3 (a major ISP) had some issues a few days ago which could have explained a few problems. But there shouldn't be any routing issues now
I do recommend you use our DNS servers because everything is stable

If that was the case, no domain would be working at the moment...

Regarding Yahoo, this was propogation as well. The MX record as such was correct...

Yash said:
If that was the case, no domain would be working at the moment...

Regarding Yahoo, this was propogation as well. The MX record as such was correct...
Why does it take weeks for domains on JodoHost to propagate? Is it because of the problems with the DNS servers reported by dnsreport.com mentioned in this thread? http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=1243&page=3

The domain I had problems with from Yahoo was up and running for about a week before it finally started working right from Yahoo. That is an awful long time and I have to wonder if the settings mentioned in that other message thread are the cause.

It may take upto week if you switched the domain from another provider. This is normal because old IPs are cached with many ISPs

SubSpace's issue is totally different.
There are no issues with our DNS servers now..

What did DNSReport.com report for your domain?

Back